How do I go to someone's playlist and make a copy of theirs as my own easily?

Solved!

How do I go to someone's playlist and make a copy of theirs as my own easily?

Music Fan
‎2013-10-13 04:56 AM

I was wondering because I didn't want my spotify to be connected with my Facebook and if I delete it then my playlists will come down with it. I didn't wanted to drap each individual song to copy it. Was wondering if there was a shortcut for this.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

Re: How do I go to someone's playlist and make a copy of theirs as my own easily?

Rock Star
‎2013-10-13 08:23 AM

Hi, and welcome to the community!

There are 2 ways:

1) Press follow on their playlist. This will create a playlist on your account identical to their playlist, and it will also update when they add/remove/move songs around the playlist.

2) Create an empty playlist. Click on a song in their playlist then press Ctrl+A. Drag and drop them into your empty playlist (or into the playlist you want them in). Note this will not update when they add/remove/move songs.

Anthony :)

This post was by Taylor - I do not work for Spotify!
If this solved your issue - Mark it as a solution! If you like my post - Please add Kudos!
||  Spotify Profile - Taylor   |  Feel free to PM me - Here  ||

Re: How do I go to someone's playlist and make a copy of theirs as my own easily?

Edited
Concert Regular
‎2014-07-04 02:41 PM
3 Replies

Rock Star
‎2013-10-13 08:23 AM

Hi, and welcome to the community!

There are 2 ways:

1) Press follow on their playlist. This will create a playlist on your account identical to their playlist, and it will also update when they add/remove/move songs around the playlist.

2) Create an empty playlist. Click on a song in their playlist then press Ctrl+A. Drag and drop them into your empty playlist (or into the playlist you want them in). Note this will not update when they add/remove/move songs.

Anthony :)

This post was by Taylor - I do not work for Spotify!
If this solved your issue - Mark it as a solution! If you like my post - Please add Kudos!
||  Spotify Profile - Taylor   |  Feel free to PM me - Here  ||

Edited
Concert Regular
‎2014-07-04 02:41 PM

Festival VIP
‎2015-03-05 07:56 PM

This really needs to be built in right-click menu for the web browser!

Sadly #2 doesn't work on the web player or Android. Any other ideas? Same thing with the Chrome addon, only works with desktop app.

SUGGESTED POSTS