Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

How to cancel Spotify Premium Trial?

Solved!

How to cancel Spotify Premium Trial?

Hi there!

Just signed up for the Premium Trial, entered my credit card number and got Premium Status.

Now I want to cancel the Premium Trial and revert to Free. How do I do that? Under SUBSCRIPTION it says:

"Your pre-paid Premium will end on 2015-04-18. Subscribe to keep the tunes flowing, no need to re-credit your account every month."

No option to cancel subscription. How do I do that? Please help!!

Best regards

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

All of a sudden, the Subscriptions page got the Cancel button. All by itself 🙂

View solution in original post

22 Replies

Another question: why does it say that the pre-paid Premium ends on 18 April. That's today's date! Does that mean I can change the status tomorrow?

When I entered my details, I'm pretty sure it said May 18 2015 to my first bill.

I want out of this. Totally out. Cancel the entire thing and delete my account. Please help.
Marked as solution

All of a sudden, the Subscriptions page got the Cancel button. All by itself 🙂

Would you be able to direct me where the cancel button is? when I click on the account overview then subscription on the left hand side, I get a screen that says I have the premium trial until 4-25-15. I just signed up today. No where on the page has the Cancel button. Please help! Thank you! (I'm trying to navigate all this with a laptop, not on the phone.)FullSizeRender.jpg

Hi susanluo3024! I had the exact same screen (only it said 2015-04-18)! It took about two hours to change. Try to log out and back in a couple of times. Then press Account overview and the subscription box on the right side of the screen should change.

When it changes, you get the option to cancel.

I did it too with my laptop.

I think it's because it has to register with Spotify. That takes a couple of hours. THEN when the system is updated, you get to manage your subscription.

Hope that helps!

Best regards

Hey: I've tried doing the same thing. I've tried signing in and out. I'm still not getting an option to cancel. This is outrageous. Any suggestions?

There is no way to cancel the free premium trial while it is still valid. After 7 days, it will expire automatically.

Ok so to not get charged at the end of the free premium trial it says to cancel before the trial ends. By saying there is no way to cancel it we are just screwed and are going to be charged no matter what? Because that is not a free trial

true same thing happening to me it is driving me crazy now i am starting to not like spotify i mean how is it a free trail when right after the account goes to your credit card or your money on your phone

Hey there @re2, welcome to the community!

Are you able to unsubscribe here? If you did not enter any billing information when you got the trial, then you should be safe as you were only credited for a trial.

If your case is resolved, please click the 'Accept as Solution' button and add your kudos!

I actually wanted to CONTINUE my subscription, but I need to stop the trial so I can merge with my son's account. After hunting for over a half hour and finding out that this company cannot be contacted by any means except an obscure email box that I still don't know how I found, I was furious! I actually wanted to continue doing business with this company but now I don't thinkk I can trust them. And have you seen all the FAQ questions where people are double charged?! At least I have not paid yet. What a way to ruin a good music company, shut off the phone and ignore the customers.  Please tell me how to cance. the trial. There is only a "subscribe" button inside my account, nothing else. I want to UN subscribe. AND I signed up with my phone, but had to hunt for half an hour on the computer to find this, it should be INSIDE the app. This is entirely unethical to sign people up for a free trial that automatically reverts to a paid membership and not provide a means to cancel.

Has anyone figured out how to cancel the premium I started getting billed and can not afford this every month

Ok listen I took my moms credit card and accidentally press the play button. I NEED  to take it off I but I don't see the cancel button anywhere. Please help or I'll be in big trouble. I still have the premium trial and it ends in 2 days. Please respond quickly.

To cancel your subscription, select 'Your Account' under the Help menu of the desktop app, this will take to your account settings where you should be able to unsubscribe.

If you signed up via iTunes, things are slightly different as Apple will be managing the account. You can find the relevant advice here;

http://support.apple.com/en-us/HT202039

http://www.imore.com/how-cancel-or-modify-itunes-or-app-store-subscription-right-your-iphone-or-ipad

If my answer helped, please hit the 'Accept as Solution' and please remember the kudos!

I have this problem, i´ve clicked the premium 30 days trial by accident on my phone, but I can´t cancel it, the option to do so it´s not where they say it´ll be, it just happen today but I want to cancel this trial now.

Please a little help.

@ChrisMB

You can login to the website to check the status of your subscription here:

In there you can cancel if you want to.

osorniosSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Could you please tell me where to cancel on an iPhone please. I have tried everything that has been suggested but to no avail, it's driving me crazy.

@juliescott525

You need to check your itunes subscriptions for Auto Renewals and turn it off for Spotify.

Here are Apple's instructions on how to do it:

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT202039

osorniosSpotify Star

How do I cancel my premium account. I have two accounts and I can't remember my password or user name..please help

@Cre2

Do you get email receipts for your subscription purchases? Search for one of them in your email account. In them, the Spotify username you're paying for is shown:

Username/ID:        xxxxxxx

You can login with that username to the website to check the status of your subscription here:

In there you can cancel if you want to, and delete your payment info.
osorniosSpotify Star

Suggested posts