Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

I deleted my Facebook account and now I can't log in to Spotify.

I deleted my Facebook account and now I can't log in to Spotify.

When I deleted my Facebook I never thought about not being able to login to Spotify anymore.

I saw different posts with the same issue. 

Can someone fix this? My username is 1176139586.

12 Replies

Hey! Welcome to the community 🙂

You will need to get in touch with the customer services team directly using the online contact form and they will be able to help you move over to a new account.

If you get an automated email reply back directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to that email (even if its from no-reply) and one of the customer services agents will get back to you as soon as possible.

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

This is not my account. I have had the same problem as the above use but my Facebook account has been permanently deleted. I had to make this account because in order to talk to this forum or customer service you have to be logged in. My account was not supposed to be linked to my Facebook account either. As I deactivated it before signing up for spotify. And had multiple talks with customer service before I was able to use my own email address. I had never known the issue wasn't resolved until I had problems with my iPhone and had to log in again. This is a seriously frustrating problem. I have a premium account that I pay money for and I couldn't even get help because I couldn't login. Spotify's insistence on using Facebook info is horrible enough but my paid services are basically being help hostage until I make another account. Is there a solution to this problem other than creating another Facebook account? If not spotify can count one customer down the drain.

@Dannynoggin wrote:
This is not my account. I have had the same problem as the above use but my Facebook account has been permanently deleted. I had to make this account because in order to talk to this forum or customer service you have to be logged in. My account was not supposed to be linked to my Facebook account either. As I deactivated it before signing up for spotify. And had multiple talks with customer service before I was able to use my own email address. I had never known the issue wasn't resolved until I had problems with my iPhone and had to log in again. This is a seriously frustrating problem. I have a premium account that I pay money for and I couldn't even get help because I couldn't login. Spotify's insistence on using Facebook info is horrible enough but my paid services are basically being help hostage until I make another account. Is there a solution to this problem other than creating another Facebook account? If not spotify can count one customer down the drain.

You do not need to use Facebook in order to use Spotify, you can register a Spotify username style account by pressing the "Create an account using my email address" option on the signup page and then use your dedicated username and password (not your email address) to log into Spotify on all of your devices. 

Customer services (link) can also move any playlists or subscriptions from one account to another if you like.

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

That doesn't help me at all. I'm not trying to make a new account. I want in to my old one. I made a dummy email address for this account. I like having my email updates and stuff go through the same email. That's why I only have 1 private email address. I didn't even have an active Facebook account at the time I made the account.

Also that's what I did when I deigned up. Can you tell me why it still linked my two accounts. I tried over and over and no matte what as long as I used my email address spotify insisted I was using Facebook.

Oh my. This problem is still going on. Unbelievable.

So, the same happened to me. Spotify premium user, deleted facebook account, screw myself and can´t use the app anymore.
How in heavens name is this possible?? I´m paying for this goddamn service, I sent an email, had the oblivious automatic response, answered to this email (as someone pointed out here) and still waiting for an answer. Funny that I even had to create this account in order to contact customer service.
I was a happy Spotify user, but these moronic policies made me search for alternatives, for example Deezer, trying it now but seems to be really good. I just need a solution for a service I'm paying, either give me back my old account, or transfer everything to this new NON F**ING FACEBOOK one.

On a side note, a viable and smart solution would be what Airbnb does. I used to login with facebook also and once I deleted it couln´t access anymore that way. Their solution is great, just click on ¨Forgot my password¨, they send an email to change it and voilá, you can login with email and password. 

If you post the 8 digit case number from spotify's autoreply, I'll chase it up for you.

This is the number: 01530008

Thanks.

Thanks.

I have the same problem here. I deleted facebook permentaly and want to get access to Spotify. Seems like mission impossible. I created this dummy account to get intouch with Spotify...Anybody have any idea on how I get get back to my spotify accout with my primary E-mail address. I sent in a E-mail  and all I got was a auto reply telling to check the forums which do nothng...PS face will not be reactivated.

if you send an email to support@spotify.com they will help you to sort it out super fast. cheers

Suggested posts