Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

If I cancel my spottily premium account do I lose all my music?

Solved!

If I cancel my spottily premium account do I lose all my music?

I am considering canceling my premium account but would like to know if I do that if I will lose all of the music that I had added to my playlist or downloaded to my phone?  Will I still be able to listen to all of them once my subscription is done?

88 Replies

Agreed.  And just so anyone walking in on the thread is curious, this is what happens if you cancel or stop payment.

You retain all your playlists (not sure for how long, but at least two months)..
You retain all offline music (although you won't have access through your mobile device offline.  This benefits anyone who plans on coming back to the service, but not free customers.)
You can still listen to all your playlists, but only in shuffle and with ads and skip limitation.

While all of this is beyond fair, I lasted two months and wound up going back to premium.  9.99$ is not that much for a crack addiction.

I have had spotify for over 7 years. I've got the same play lists I've had from the beginning only larger now. I've had to let my membership go out twice..once I stayed out for over a year. Possibly 2. When i rejoined...i used my old membership username and info and they put my play lists back as they were. I like spotify. I have also tried to find a way to keep my music...but truth is..new music is always comming out...eventually we will want more music. Spotify has the best selection and customer quality of any club. I've tried them all.

and if I cancel my Premium and will pay for it again for example after 2 years? 

will I have all the music like before? thank you

Hi. What if my prepaid spotify premium subscription has expired and i re-subscribe, will I still be able to stream my offline-mode tracks, the one I downloaded from my previous premium prepaid subscription?

I don't have access to my music anymore on phone even when connected to wifi... 😞

If I buy premium with a credit card and don't want the account to continue being paid monthly and I cancel my subscription will it take premium away that second or will it give me the whole month?

Karen so how do I get another music dealer so I can keep my offline content

For some freakin moronic reason I thought it was sorta kinda like the good old days with napster but with a simple 10 dollar fee. Well, Im an idioit because no you cant download dog**bleep** and keep it after canceling . Yea, talk **bleep** cause I shoulda guessed way before but hoped for the good old days before primadonnas like Master P all of a sudden couldnt afford that island in the south china sea for one of his 30  kids due to **bleep** like napster and limewire, Too good to be true.....oh well I gota run I double parked the short bus.......NOTHING IS FOR FREE NOTHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

In the case your subscription expires, when you get premium again will the music you origionally had come back?

Hi how can I move all my music from an old spotify account to a new account still with spotify. Many thanks

@viancaholguin

Yes, it should stay in the cache, but if not, the app will download your offline songs again. 🙂

osorniosSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

@lrand35

You need to contact customer support through this link:

https://support.spotify.com/contact-spotify-support/

They'll help you migrate your Premium privileges (if you have them), library, playlists, friends, etc. to this new account.

They take, at the most, 24 hrs to get back to you.

Don't forget to check your spam folder for responses as they may end up there.

If you get an automated email directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to support@spotify.com and one of the customer services agents will get back to you.

osorniosSpotify Star

@Sbennett1976 wrote:
No what a con we should be able to play our music once you cancel!!!

EXACTLY!!!

Hello good day.

My cousin is currently on spotify premium and he has mad a good set of playlists. Will his playlist be deleted if I invite him to spotify family premium plan?

Thank you in advance,

danlex16

@danlex16

No, he gets to use his same account, which means he'll keep his music, playlists, friends, etc.

osorniosSpotify Star

Dont be so insensitive. There was a time when music was FREE. its bull**bleep** that now its taken away. We were just used to downloading songs for so long it doesnt seem right to pay 10 bucks a month and not be able to keep even one album. I tunes here i come. Spot this!!

I hear ya...
Its all good but you cant burn it to a cd. im old school rock. I miss those days you could do whatever the bleep!! U wanted

That is the dumbest statement ive heard all day.

i want to cancel my subscription i thought i did 8 months ago with ee telling me to text stop to 78660 i have now been paying for this for 20 months now and i have never used it if you take 1 more bill from my ee acount i will be taking this to trading standards i dont know my sign in or password cause like i said i have not been on for over 20 months can you please sort this

Hey @avenged78,

First, you should ask for a password reset. Then, try logging into your Spotify profile on your browser here with your email. Your username will be displayed after you login. Now you'll know your username / password.

After that, check the status of your subscription. Depending in how you pay the subscription, you could delete your payment info there.

osorniosSpotify Star

Suggested posts