Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

If I cancel my spottily premium account do I lose all my music?

Solved!

If I cancel my spottily premium account do I lose all my music?

I am considering canceling my premium account but would like to know if I do that if I will lose all of the music that I had added to my playlist or downloaded to my phone?  Will I still be able to listen to all of them once my subscription is done?

88 Replies

I have one yr subscription after a year if i renew it , will it retain the downloaded music? 

Hey @lhetbm,

As long as you have an active subscription, your downloads will remain.

Hope it helps. 🙂

osorniosSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

You see your reperesentative who signed me to spotify in top shop few months ago told me, if I wish to cancel I will keep all my music ... I won't just be able to downolad new music. one thing that really puts me of is that I was lied to 😞 

I was wondering if all the music I have on my account is somewhere on my phone that I can access, like the SD card? I'm new to Spotify and not sure of all the features and tricks yet. What happens to my music once the trial runs out? Is it kept in an account or can I still access it?

Hey @Shys_m0m1999,

You need the Spotify app to listen to music, either streaming or offline downloads. If you uninstall the Spotify app, you won't be able to save or listen to music downloaded. Once your trial ends, you'll only be able to stream music, since your downloads will reset.

Hope it helps. 🙂

osorniosSpotify Star

Can I keep Spotify for free if I cancel premium

Hey @Jesuschrist4,

Yes. Once canceled, you'll still be on Premium for the remainder of the month you've paid for, but after that it will revert back to Free. You won't lose any playlists, friends, or your music library. Those are independent from your subscription status.
osorniosSpotify Star

Yes cancel my premium account

Hey @Craigreed72,

To cancel and delete your payment info, do the following:

1. Go to your Subscription page.

2. Click UPDATE DETAILS. If it shows below 'Would you like to cancel your subscription?' click there and cancel.

3. Check the box to 'Remove', and click 'Change' button,

Note: If you have your Premium active you won't be able to remove your payment info. That's why it's important to cancel before clicking UPDATE DETAILS.

Without any payment details, no new charges can be made, but if you're an iPhone user, you do need to check your iTunes subscriptions Auto Renewal and turn it off for Spotify.

Here are Apple's instructions on how to do it:

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT202039

osorniosSpotify Star

come on Peter tell us where we can buy these tunes on our playlist....help out the musians for jeeze sake....

I canceled my Premium account but I still want to acces it, why can't I enter unless I pay again? I can't see or do anything because a message of payment blocks everything. 

Hey @Pushkin,

You should fill out the contact form, and someone from Spotify will be happy to help you within 24 hrs. Don't forget to check your spam folder for responses as they may end up there.

If you get an automated email directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to support@spotify.com and one of the customer services agents will get back to you.

osorniosSpotify Star

There was a time music was free? You've got to be kidding.  There was however a time where you had to go to a shop and buy a record, or a tape or a CD - free music was going to a mate's house and listening to their music or making a tape or burning a CD.  I know you think this is ancient history but was still the only option before the internet was really broadly accessible , which is only about 12 or so years ago (plus smart phones which is even less).  I know its a waste of my time telling you this as you are thinking 'yeah whateva you old fart' - if you are lucky you'll be one too some day (and have paid for some stuff along the way).

If I pay full price for premium now but I am a student and want to change to the student discount how do I do that without canceling premium and losing all my music? 

Thanks,

Megan 

Hey @meglindgren,

Are you in the US?

Try using this site to validate.

If it succeeds, when you log back in your Spotify account, and look under the subscription tab the price will change to $4.99 for your upcoming renewal date.

Hope it helps. 🙂

osorniosSpotify Star

Hi guys i'm new here and i have a question. Can i cancel my spotify premium? And can i listen to my music that i downloaded?

Hey @Evil_Femmy,

If you cancel, you'll be able to listen to music while online, but not while offline, even if it was previously downloaded.

Hope it helps. 🙂

osorniosSpotify Star

or just rip them before your sub runs out...

Were you able to get your old playlist back or did you have to start over?

Suggested posts