Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

If I follow a playlist of someone who then quits Spotify, will I lose the list?

Solved!

If I follow a playlist of someone who then quits Spotify, will I lose the list?

I follow a number of playlists of my partner.  He's planning to quit, so what happens to those lists?  Will they vanish?  Can I take them over somehow?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @debbieforster, welcome to the Community!

No worries! The playlists would not get deleted if the user doesn't delete them before closing the account.

Remember, you can create a new playlist on your account and copy the songs to it.

Don't hesitate to drop us a message if you need us again.

All the best.

A.J Nelson

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey @debbieforster, welcome to the Community!

No worries! The playlists would not get deleted if the user doesn't delete them before closing the account.

Remember, you can create a new playlist on your account and copy the songs to it.

Don't hesitate to drop us a message if you need us again.

All the best.

A.J Nelson

Sorry to barge in, but I just can't find way to post a question here. So I found most relevant to my question topic. 

I was following someone's playlist for over a year. Loved it and listen to it very often. For the past few days I'm not longer able to find it. I think the user I followed have deleted it, because it's no longer in his playlsit list. Is there anyway I can recover the playlist? 

regards

Seba

Hello @F600!

Welcome to the Spotify Community. 

If this playlist was deleted by the person who created it, there's no way it can be recover it as this was done on the main account. 

Let us know if this clears things up and if you have more questions. 

A.J Nelson

Yes, it's all I needed to know, thanks 🙂 

Suggested posts