Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Is it possible to change the Facebook-account that is connected with my Spotify-account?

Solved!

Is it possible to change the Facebook-account that is connected with my Spotify-account?

I want to show my facebook friends what im listening to, and i want to easy get to their music (through searching on their names in the searchbar in Spotiry (the program))!

How?! Would be great with some professional help from Spotify MODS/Admins!

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

In that case you must be logged in using a Facebook account, unfortunately if that is the case there is no way to change the Facebook account connected to that account. 

If you wish to use another Facebook account, you will need get in touch with the customer services team directly using the online contact form and they will be able to assist you in migrating over to a new account by copying your playlists and subscription over for you. 

If you get an automated email reply back directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to that email (even if its from no-reply) and one of the customer services agents will get back to you as soon as possible.

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Hey! Welcome to the community 🙂 

Is your account currently connected to another Facebook account? 

If you have a dedicated Spotify account, you can change which Facebook account is connected to your Spotify from Edit/Spotify > Preferences > Social Network > Disconnect from Facebook > Reconnect with your desired account. 

Peter

Peter

There is nothing such like Social Network in Preferences, atleast not in my menu :s
I got premium account

Marked as solution

In that case you must be logged in using a Facebook account, unfortunately if that is the case there is no way to change the Facebook account connected to that account. 

If you wish to use another Facebook account, you will need get in touch with the customer services team directly using the online contact form and they will be able to assist you in migrating over to a new account by copying your playlists and subscription over for you. 

If you get an automated email reply back directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to that email (even if its from no-reply) and one of the customer services agents will get back to you as soon as possible.

Peter

Peter

Oh well...I dont really see the point of this new facebook "soulbound" account thing! Should just have been like you could disconnect and connect your facebook account to whatever spotify account you own...
Thanks for your help Peter!

That's actually exactly how Spotify is, but you must sign up without using Facebook to get a separate Spotify account, then you can connect and disconnect from whatever Facebook account you want.

Signing up with Facebook without making a Spotify username/password soulbounds you to one Facebook account forever.

Suggested posts