Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Solved!

I have problems to log in on my app- and I do not want to use my facebook account.. I got error 408? What should I do? I can log in on my computer.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

@Shayleigh wrote:
I am trying to use my phone and it is also giving me a 408 error! I am from USA, but currently in Thailand. It worked in Indonesia!

Hey there. If you had a Premium or Unlimited subscription, your account would work fine indefinitely. On the Free service you get 14 days of "vacation time" but after that your account becomes inaccessible. Details here.

--------------------------------------------------------------

For common support questions, see support.spotify.com.
To judge my musical taste, check out my last.fm.

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

@Sacrevy wrote:
I have a premium account which I use on my holiday in paris (I live in amsterdam, netherlands) with the spotify iphone app, even though it's premium, I still get the 408 error since today. Kind regards, Sacrevy.

Hey! Welcome to the community 🙂 

You will never get error 408 on an active premium account, so something is not quite right there! 

Can you just double check your subscription is still showing as premium on your online overview and you are logging in using the correct details on your device? 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Marked as solution

@amy33

Country restrictions only apply for Free accounts.

Do you get email receipts for your subscription purchases?

In them, they show your Spotify username:

Username/ID:        xxxxxxx

Logout of the app, and be sure to use it to login to your account. It's the one with the Premium features.

osorniosSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Marked as solution

Hey @BDRO

Did you get an email receipt from Spotify for your subscription purchase?

In it, it shows the Spotify username you paid for:

Username/ID:        xxxxxxx

Logout of the app, and be sure to use it, instead of your email address, to login to your account. It's the one with the Premium features.

osorniosSpotify Star

Marked as solution

Hey @milenacasro

Most of those problems come from a difference between the country shown through your IP address, and the one in your profile.

First, check your IP address here.

After that, compare it to the country shown in your profile.

If you opened your account with Facebook, your country is tied to the country shown in your Facebook account, so you may need to change it there.

Also, your payment method (if you used one for Premium) must match your country too, so you may need to delete it to update countries.

Change your country setting in your profile page so it matches what your IP address shows.

Hope it helps. 🙂

osorniosSpotify Star

Marked as solution

La unica Solución.. about 408 error, change country. es descargarse la App VPN gratis en tu mobil, la app esta en play google. Despues de activar VPN, abre tu spotify en el mobil. Se te desbloqueará automaticamente en el ordenador.

Marked as solution

Hey @kyraekker @listma19

Most of those problems come from a difference between the country shown through your IP address, and the one in your profile.

First, check your IP address here.

After that, compare it to the country shown in your profile.

If you opened your account with Facebook, your country is tied to the country shown in your Facebook account, so you may need to change it there.

Also, your payment method (if you used one for Premium) must match your country too, so you may need to delete it to update countries.

Change your country setting in your profile page so it matches what your IP address shows.

Hope it helps. 🙂

osorniosSpotify Star

333 Replies

Hey, welcome to the Community.

We don't see error 408 very often but I believe it's to do with accessing Spotify from abroad. Where are you connecting from? Your country profile is currently set to Sweden.
Check out our Twitter for the latest updates on any service issues: @Spotifystatus

Problem solved? Click 'Accept as solution' to make it easier to find for others!

New to the Community? Check out our Community newbie tips

I can`t login to Spotify on my iPhone· Getting error 408. What to do?

Best regards

Matilda

Hey Matildasaresjo- I've just moved your post over to this older thread. 

As Richard mentions above, error 408 usually has to do with signing in abroad. Your account is currently to set to the UK--is that correct? 

Also, in order to use your app to sync offline playlists you'll need to be on our Premium subscription.

As your 48 hour trial just ended you should've received an email offering to extend it by another 30 days. Have a look for that email from us (check your SPAM filter too). 

We are also recieving this error at our iPod touch at work. Yesterday it was working just fine, but all of a sudden i get Error 408 without any explination. We use it in a reception in Stockholm and the hotel rarely move across the boarders 😛

If you could hit us back at stockholm@skyhotelapartments.se that would be great!

Need my musicfix asap!

Hi Skyotel- I've had a look and everything on your account appears to be fine. Are you signing in with your 'skyote' username?

One thing you could try is downloding our lastest iOS app which was just released. 

Also, we just need to point out that Spotify is for personal/non-commercial use. It's not possible to play Spotify in a business/ hotel reception--but use in a private work area is alright. 

Hello!

I'm getting the 408 error even though I'm loggin in from Germany and my profile says Germany.  I've never logged in anywhree else.  What's the deal?

Wait... is it because I was only allowed 14 days free?  What the deuce?  So because I'm in the Army, serving my country in 

Germany, I can't have the same access to spotify?  Boo.

Cheers,

Eileen

Hi Eileen,

It looks like you're connecting from the US, are you using an internet proxy at all? If so, it might be fooling the Spotify servers to believe you're in the US, not Germany.
-------

Check out how we're doing over @SpotifyStatus

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?

Hello again,

I thought it fixed itself because it all of a sudden let me log in, but now again today I'm getting the same error.  I'm in Germany, I've never even installed a proxy service nor used a proxy server.  Why does spotify think I'm in the United States?  An IP check even shows a German IP address.  It doesn't make any sense!  HELP!

Eileene22 - It still looks like you're accessing it from outside of Germany. Are you sure you're not connecting through an office or company proxy?
-------

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?

Yes.  I'm sure.  This is my house.  Rural Kindsbach, Germany.  

What Is My IP - WhatIsMyIP.com
Your IP Address Is: ********
No Proxy Detected

Those are my results.

This is seriously getting frustrating.

Eileene22 - I've just deleted your IP address from that post. I've searched for it, you're right, it does appear to be connected through a German telecoms company. However, you appear to be on US territory. This may be causing the problem.

A way to get round this would be to log into your Spotify once every 14 days while on German territory, to keep refreshing the country in your account.
-------

Who's your Spotify Star?

But I'm not in US territory.  I'm not on a base.  I'm seriously in a small town outside of Kaiserslautern.  And like I said, this seems to be a problem that comes and goes.

Was your internet all set up by the Army when you moved in? If it was, this may be causing the trouble.
-------

Who's your Spotify Star?

I appreciate all of these ideas, but this is so frustrating.

My internet is in no way affiliated with the Army or the United States.  It was set up by a local national, through a German company.  My apartment is 20 minutse from the nearest US facility.  

Again, the spotify website recognizes the german ip address and google translate has to kick in.  I can't watch any hulu and even many youtube videos are restricted due to my compltely GERMAN internet.  My ip address always has been and always will be a german one.  

Again, this problem comes and goes, which leads me to believe his is a problem with spotify, not with my ip address or with my account settings (since those never change).

E

Hmm ok. Do you have admin rights on your computer? Was it provided with your job?
-------

Who's your Spotify Star?

I bought this computer from Sony and had it shipped.  It was not provided for me.  I do have admin rights.

Also getting error 408! Just moved to US from so changed my facebook location to match, still cant log in. Help!

@Roisin wrote:

Also getting error 408! Just moved to US from so changed my facebook location to match, still cant log in. Help!

I'll be in touch to sort this out!

Check out our Twitter for the latest updates on any service issues: @Spotifystatus

Problem solved? Click 'Accept as solution' to make it easier to find for others!

New to the Community? Check out our Community newbie tips

Im having this problem also with my iphone4s. Im located in Guam.

Suggested posts