Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Solved!

I have problems to log in on my app- and I do not want to use my facebook account.. I got error 408? What should I do? I can log in on my computer.

333 Replies

@MarcelloGoiaba wrote:
I created the spotify account when I was in the Uk. As it didn't work in Ireland I just deleted the app, now it is available here I can't log in gives me the 408 error, it is so annoying. Going to delete the app again. I guess I am not missing much

Your account is still set to the UK in your profile. Just try changing it here: https://www.spotify.com/account/profile/

Check out our Twitter for the latest updates on any service issues: @Spotifystatus

Problem solved? Click 'Accept as solution' to make it easier to find for others!

New to the Community? Check out our Community newbie tips

I am having the same problems on my iPhone. My account is set to the uk and I can't change it without giving a payment address for a new country. I don't have this as I am currently travelling so I only have English payment methods. Is there any other way of changing the country? It was working fine before the 0.5.9 update. I only downloaded the app once I was out of the UK so I dont know why it has stopped letting me log in now.

Thank you in advance for any help.

Billie

Hey! Welcome to the community 🙂

Your Spotify account needs to be registered in the country where you permanently live. With a free account, you can only use the service abroad for 14 days. You can always remove this restriction by subscribing to unlimited or premium, using a payment method registered in the same country as your Spotify profile. That will then allow you to use Spotify for unlimited time anywhere in the world.

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

I already have a premium account. I signed up to it about a month ago and it has been working fine until now.

Thanks

Billie

Hey again 🙂

Is your country selected correctly as UK in your online profile

Also what is your current subscription status on your online overview?

Peter

Peter

I jut checked, the country selection is correct but for some reason my subscription status is not and is asking me to upgrade to premium, despite me already having done so. The payment is set to a debit card that was cancelled a few weeks ago, could this be the problem? It is the correct bank account though. I don't want to sign up again and it start taking money out twice every month.

Billie

If the debit card was cancelled then Spotify would have been unable to collect payment for your subscription and returned your account to the free version. You will most likely need to change your card details in order for your payment to be processed again. 

You can contact the payments team directly using the online contact form too 😉

Peter

Peter

Why can I not get the free spotify. I now live in Ireland and had no problem in the UK, it keeps saying I have a user name and password but when I i klick to on to spotify sight it keeps saying log-error 408. It's soooo frustrating so please tell me WHY.

ray_the_printer

@Ray_the_printer wrote:

Why can I not get the free spotify. I now live in Ireland and had no problem in the UK, it keeps saying I have a user name and password but when I i klick to on to spotify sight it keeps saying log-error 408. It's soooo frustrating so please tell me WHY.

ray_the_printer

If you now live in Ireland, then you need to update your Spotify country in your online profile to Ireland and it will then allow you to use the service again. 

If you have any issues changing your country, just drop the support team a message using the online contact form and someone will be able to assist you.

Peter

Peter

Hi Spotify,

am also getting that error 408. Not that rare after all, Spotify. No, not that rare. Two questions: Could you explain what the legal issues are with using Spotify in different countries if payment and personal information stay the same and are legeal and registerd? And, if you get that error when using the app in a country different from the one you were in when setting up the account: how do you log in to change your country if you can't log in?

Thanks!

@Spotifytrial wrote:

Hi Spotify,

am also getting that error 408. Not that rare after all, Spotify. No, not that rare. Two questions: Could you explain what the legal issues are with using Spotify in different countries if payment and personal information stay the same and are legeal and registerd? And, if you get that error when using the app in a country different from the one you were in when setting up the account: how do you log in to change your country if you can't log in?

Thanks!

I would suggest you have a read at this FAQ which explains how Spotify checks your current country location. To answer your question, if you are paying then it is safe to assume you have a subscription and you should be able to use your Spotify account in any country without ever seeing this error. Error 408 is only given when you are using a free account and you try to access your account outside of your account country for more than 14 days. 

You can change your country at any time from your online profile on the Spotify website. You might be asked to update your address/postcode and or payment information in order to verify where you are currently located. It is important that your Spotify profile country and your payment details are registered in the same country, if not your payment will be declined. 

Peter

Peter

When i try to login to my Spotify app, i am hindered and the message "login error 408" pops up. I'm not sure why.  I am on and ipad (1st generation) and my info says i am logged in from the U.S.  Any tips?

Spotify is working to fix this problem. Stay tuned.

Hi wrenauld - Error 408 has to do with signing from abroad. That's different from the Error 404 message we were addressing earlier. 

Currently your account is registered in France which is the problem. Have you tried changing your counry settings from your Profile Page: https://www.spotify.com/account/profile/

Good morning. We are also having stating a 408 error. We live on a boat the goes between the US Virgin Islands and the BritishVirgin IslandS. everything worked fine for months but now all seem locked out. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

Hey! 🙂

Sounds lovely! 

Are you a premium/unlimited subscriber?

Peter

Peter

Yes we are a premium subscriber.  we lost a wallet overboard so had to change the credit card we bill to. Could that have anything to do with the error?

Hey again 🙂

Can you check your subscription status on your online overview just to verify your payment was successful and your account is on Premium still?

Peter

Peter

Getting the 408 error here too:

Living in Ireland, country set to Ireland in the profile area, using free account.

IP address resolves to an Irish location (using online IP lookup to verify) but still getting a 408 error!!

So frustrating.

Paul

@pauln90 wrote:

Getting the 408 error here too:

Living in Ireland, country set to Ireland in the profile area, using free account.

IP address resolves to an Irish location (using online IP lookup to verify) but still getting a 408 error!!

So frustrating.

Paul

Your profile is currently set to the US at the moment, from what I can see. Change it over at https://www.spotify.com/account/profile/

Check out our Twitter for the latest updates on any service issues: @Spotifystatus

Problem solved? Click 'Accept as solution' to make it easier to find for others!

New to the Community? Check out our Community newbie tips

Suggested posts