Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Need to change E-mail address on my Spotify Account

Solved!

Need to change E-mail address on my Spotify Account

I need to change my e-mail address that I used to set up my Spotify account as the e-mail address is no longer active.  When I try to change it within the Spotify account I can't as my password isn't recognized under my new e-mail address, which of course hasn't been set up yet.  Does anyone please have any suggestions on how to change?  I do have the password correct as it accepts my password under the outdated e-mail address.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Well that is certainly inconvenient.  I'm not sure the reason that you are unable to change your email address.  It might help to contact Spotify.

They should be able to change your email address for you since you are unable to do so. Be sure to give them both the old and the new address, as well as any other info they might need to locate your account.  Hopefully they can get your account fixed up for you quickly!

[Moderator edit]

View solution in original post

52 Replies

Are you able to log into your Spotify account under your old information?  If you are able to, you should be able to update your address here:  https://www.spotify.com/account/profile/ .  If your Spotify account is linked to Facebook instead, you would need to log into Facebook and change your email address there.

when I try to login to the link you provided, it won't accept my password at login.  When I try to login through Facebook I get to the edit profile screen and I'm able to change the e-mail address but then when I try to save the changes I get a 'Sorry, wrong password' message error.

I know that I have the correct password as I've been able to login under the old e-mail address.  I'm just unable to update the e-mail address.

Thanks so much for your help!! 

hopefully my message made sense.  To explain further- when I click on the link you provided I can log in to Spotify as long as my old e-mail address is plugged in- in this case it accepts my password.  When I try to change the e-mail address it no longer accepts my password because I guess the password is not associated with my new address.  I'm very frustrated- seems like a chicken or the egg scenario.  

I know my password is correct, but it won't let me change the e-mail address with that correct password.  Am I missing a step somewhere?  Thanks again! 

Marked as solution

Well that is certainly inconvenient.  I'm not sure the reason that you are unable to change your email address.  It might help to contact Spotify.

They should be able to change your email address for you since you are unable to do so. Be sure to give them both the old and the new address, as well as any other info they might need to locate your account.  Hopefully they can get your account fixed up for you quickly!

[Moderator edit]

thanks again!  I sent them a note- hopefully they'll respond to my new e-mail address when replying.

I'm having other issues within Spotify and I think my outdated e-mail address could be the root of the problem (I also recently got a new computer).  Many tracks on playlists that I have recently created are not playing- these include both local files and tracks that are definitely on Spotify (I've checked with other people so I know that these tracks are available).  The tracks don't appear greyed out- they just won't play.  Other tracks do play as per normal.  I can't make heads or tails of it...

BR - I'm just popping an email to you now. Keep an eye on your inbox.
-------

Check out how we're doing over @SpotifyStatus

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?

I am also trying to change my email adress and it says to change it on facebook. I did that and still no change in email. looked at my spotify account and it still shows my previous email.

Had the same issue...I sent an email through the Help form! Hope they'll answer on new address, as I can't receive emails on the fake Facebook address either!

I too have updated my e-mail address on my facebook page that is associated to my spotify account, but the email in my spotify preferences isn't updating. It's still the old email address. Any ideas as to why?

I changed it on facebook but somehow it won't change on spotify. HELP ME it's anniyeux

Try logging out of spotify then back in to see if your details refresh.

@bram12345 - Was your account created using Facebook? If not, you should just be able to update the email address manually here

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

I also changed my email address on Facebook. The email that I used originally was a yahoo email account. I changed it over to my gmail account. Both emails were already in Facebook but yahoo was the primary account. I made my gmail the primary account two days ago but when I logged into the Spotify account on the Web, it still showed my yahoo account as the email acccount and I am still getting email to that address instead of the Gmail account. Spotify won't let me change it because it was setup through Facebook

I have the same problem here - changed from gmx.de to googlemail.com in facebook and no changes were made to my spotify account. Is there any solution?

Regards

Adrian

yeap I just figure it out.

1. Sign out from spotify

2. Log in with your new e'mail and your fb password and viola you are ready

My e mail adress log on Spotify has been altered,unable tl log in.

new e mail is snip@hotmail .co.uk

Removed private email. - hpguru

@perrin wrote:

My e mail adress log on Spotify has been altered,unable tl log in.

new e mail is snip@hotmail .co.uk

Removed private email. - hpguru

Please contact with details here http://www.spotify.com/about-us/contact/

I changed my email address but the account is still displaying the old email. What am i doing wrong i need to use the email for THIS account

@Chickenbones12 - When you make the change on your online profile and click save are there any error messages on the page at all?

https://www.spotify.com/account/profile/

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Suggested posts