Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Playlists not appearing after changing country ?

Playlists not appearing after changing country ?

I'm from Brazil, and I started a premium trial on my Android phone yesterday.

The thing is I use a VPN on my phone, so spotify thought I was coming from the US. I loved the playlist choices.

This morning I decided to input my payment details to get extra 30 days of premium trial, and I had to change my country to Brazil on the web interface.

What I noticed:

- Different playlists appeared. The first playlists now in any category are custom-tailored for Brazil, in descending order of follower number. After I see them all and keep scrolling, I start seeing Spotify's most popular playlists (which are also in descending order), and apparently they kind of match what I saw in the US version. But after scrolling all these down (Spotify's), I was supposed to see custom playlists, and I now see some of my favorite playlists are missing. Some of them I had saved, so I can still play them from "My Music" tab, but it bugs me that they are now missing and I wont be able to see the same content as the US users.

What gives ?

1 Reply

Hi, and welcome to the community!

UInfortunately due to legal restrictions the content available is different in the different regions, which means some music available in the US won't be in Brazil.

I believe your payment method doesn't have to be from the same country as you've set though, so you shouldn't need to change your country to Brazil. If you do however, then you'll need to find a payment method from the US to perform the transactions I'm afraid.

Anthony 🙂

This post was by Taylor - I do not work for Spotify!
If this solved your issue - Mark it as a solution! If you like my post - Please add Kudos!
||  Spotify Profile - Taylor   |  Feel free to PM me - Here  ||

Suggested posts