Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Please Help - Very Strange issue with my account, has been somehow linked to another account

Solved!

Please Help - Very Strange issue with my account, has been somehow linked to another account

Hi everyone,

I'm facing a very strange isue with as a direct consequence that I lost all my playlists, and I had a lot.

I'll try to explain the problem as clearly as possible:

I have been using spoitify for 2 years and always used Facebook to login, never the Spotify id/ pwd. My ID was and still is a big number like 1029972...

For new year I used my spotify on a friend ipad. I logged in with facebook as usual. He is as well using spotify but with a spotify id / pwd.

Let say its spotify id is friend67

2 weeks ago more or less I realized that all my playlists had disappeared all of a sudden. I went to my spotify account to try and understand what was the issue and then I realized that my spotify id was now friend67, so my friend's spotify id! And instead of my information in the account that was his information (email address, birthday date, etc.). Besides there is no track of all the payments I made for Spotify Premium. It's like my account information is now its account. But I log in with my facebook!

The wierdest is that my old spotify id, 1029972.. still exists, because when I try the "forget your password" and enters the id it says I have to change it from Facebook!

So it's like my facebook is linked to 2 accounts. My old one with all my playlist and the new one of my friend. But when I connect that's always my friends account that will be activated and so I cannot get my playlist back. Besides we are using the same account now what is really not practical.

I tried to contact the customer service several times but did not get any answer for now.

If anyone has a solution or idea ....

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

If you have a case number from support, please post it here. (8 digit number)

I have forwarded your post to the support team at Spotify. Hopefully someone will be in contact soon.

Thanks for your patience.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Marked as solution

If you have a case number from support, please post it here. (8 digit number)

I have forwarded your post to the support team at Spotify. Hopefully someone will be in contact soon.

Thanks for your patience.

MattSudaSpotify Star

Yes the last case number I have is 02401782

thanks for your help, let's hope they will take the time to look into it.

Hi @GuillaumeH 

Not to worry, we've given the right folks a heads up. You'll get a response from our Support team as soon as possible. 

The problem is solved!

My account is back to normal and my playlists are back.

thanks guy for your quick and efficient help!

You're welcome 

MattSudaSpotify Star

Suggested posts