Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Remove Facebook from Spotify account.

Solved!

Remove Facebook from Spotify account.

i want to login using a spotify account and not facebook. i login using facebook and have a premium account. i dont want to lose my starred tracks and my playlists. 

is it possible to remove your facebook info and create a spotify account and keep starred tracks and playlists?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey! Welcome to the community 🙂

If you created your Spotify account using Facebook, there is no way to disconnect that account from Facebook, they are tied forever. If you wish to disconnect from Facebook you will need a new account. 

Since you have a premium subscription which will need transfered, you will need to get in touch with the customer services team directly using the online contact form and they will be able to assist you in moving to a new dedicated Spotify account. 

If you get an automated email reply back directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to that email (even if its from no-reply) and one of the customer services agents will get back to you as soon as possible.

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

View solution in original post

19 Replies
Marked as solution

If you created your Spotify account using Facebook, there is no way to disconnect that account from Facebook, they are tied forever. If you wish to disconnect from Facebook you will need a new account. 

Since you have a premium subscription which will need transfered, you will need to get in touch with the customer services team directly using the online contact form and they will be able to assist you in moving to a new dedicated Spotify account. 

If you get an automated email reply back directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to that email (even if its from no-reply) and one of the customer services agents will get back to you as soon as possible.

Peter

Peter

Hej

I’ve signed in for Spotify. What I didn’t sign up for, is a link to facebook.

Remove this link between Spotify and Facebook. I’m a free man and I will make my choices by myself. I hate when some smart dude make them for me.

Mr. Sean Parker, when my 30days of free testing the Spotify is over and the link is still there you my friend can forget me as one off your customers.

Joachim Fryksten Stockholm Sweden

@user-removed wrote:

Hej

I’ve signed in for Spotify. What I didn’t sign up for, is a link to facebook.

Remove this link between Spotify and Facebook. I’m a free man and I will make my choices by myself. I hate when some smart dude make them for me.

Mr. Sean Parker, when my 30days of free testing the Spotify is over and the link is still there you my friend can forget me as one off your customers.

Joachim Fryksten Stockholm Sweden

You can register for Spotify without using Facebook. Just hit the "Create a new account using my email address" on the signup page

Peter

Peter

Well if it is that hard for spotify to move your facebook created account to a normal account, the quickest way is to stop the payment.

Create a non facebook account and start the payment again.

i believe it is a bad thing it can't be changed.

I want to do that. But my email is already registered. What can I do?

If you get in touch with the customer services team directly using the online contact form @user-removed they can get you set up on a non-Facebook account using that email address. 

Peter

I have hundreds of songs saved in my Spotify playlists.  I don't want to lose all of those by creating a new account.

@user-removed Don't worry about that, we can move all your music over to a new account. If you could contact the team here, we'll be able to get it done.

-------

Check out how we're doing over @SpotifyStatus

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?

So i created a new account and accidentally connected it to my facebook.  This facebook was connected to my old account which had all my playlists. However, this new account doesnt have my old playlists. When i log in using my facebook, it connects to my new account and I dont have any of my music anymore.  

You will need to get in touch using the link Sam posted above and the Spotify team will be able to rescue those playlists for you.

Peter

Same here! Did you ever get this sorted out? I haven't heard a thing from Spotify support. Email and Tweeted at them haha

@kmcm18 

Support usually replies within 24-48 hours.

If you still have not gotten a reply:

Did you get a confirmation email from the contact form? It should be similar to "Spotify Support Case #XXXXXXX". If so, reply back to that email and tell them you still need help.

If you got an automated reply email telling you to check the help section or the community, you need to reply back to it saying you still need help, even if it's from a no-reply address.

If you never got an email, look in your spam folder to see if there is an email in there. Make sure you are checking the email account you used to sign up to Spotify. You can check the email on your account here.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Thanks for this.  This is too bad.  I don't have a lnked premium account yet but this is making me think I will never have one either.  If I can't seperate the email address I use from my facebook I'm sure as hell not going to start paying them for a premium subscription.

I agree 100%, this is bad and I will not consider being a subscriber because of this.  I too thought I would just sign up for a new account because I'm so new and that I would start my subscription with the new account, but it won't let me use my email address again, and I don't want to use one of my secondary email addresses. 

I wasn't thinking when I signed up, I should have never used facebook I guess.

Is there a form to fill out that Spotify will disconnect our Facebook account from Spotify?

On your Facebook (going by app Facebook) go to the tab with three lines on the bottom right corner and scroll all the way down.  Next, go to settings, and click "account settings" and scroll through there till you find "apps".  It will show you all the apps you have hooked to your Facebook and you can remove Spotify from there.

I didn't use facebook to create my premium account but I used it a lot later on so now it is connected. Do I need to make a new one? 

Is there a way to move your fb account to another account? I used facebook on my old one and now i want itn to be on my new account

I didnt find a way to do that. I just stop the payment of the account i used with facebook. After that i created a new account. But lost my playlists.

Sprry i cant help.

Suggested posts