Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Remove facebook account link

Solved!

Remove facebook account link

I want to get rid of my facebook account.  I hate it!  But, I lnked my spotify premium account with it when I signed up.  is there a way I can get facebook out of the picture and log directly into spotify now that facebook is registered with my profile?

60 Replies

I can't find this button on my profil. My spotify is linked to my flatmates facebook profil and he wan't to use it for his account. I do not want to upgrade to premium with his FB account, but I can not find the button to unlink anywhere.

Just disconnected your Spotify from that Facebook account, so you should be sorted.
-------

Check out how we're doing over @SpotifyStatus

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?

Dear moderator would you please disconnect Facebook from my spotify account as well. Thank you.

@Akasmadj wrote:
Dear moderator would you please disconnect Facebook from my spotify account as well. Thank you.

Hey Akasmadj 🙂 

I would suggest you have a read at my tutorial here.

If you have a dedicated Spotify account, you will be able to do this yourself by logging into the desktop client and then going to Edit (Or Spotify on Mac) > Preferences > Social Network > Disconnect from Facebook. 

If you have a Spotify account which you created using your Facebook details, it is not possible to disconnect that account from Facebook.

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Where can I find the " disconnect from facebook" button?

@user-removed wrote:

Where can I find the " disconnect from facebook" button?

Hey! Welcome to the community 🙂 

In the desktop client go to Edit > Preferences > Social Network > Disconnect from Facebook. 

You won't see that option if you are logged into Spotify using your Facebook account details since it is not possible to disconnect that type of account from Facebook.

Peter

Peter

Edit: ah that will explain why I don't have it then, and why I added a Kudo to your idea about the ability to disconnect from facebook when you first set it up with fb 🙂

Anthony 🙂

This post was by Taylor - I do not work for Spotify!
If this solved your issue - Mark it as a solution! If you like my post - Please add Kudos!
||  Spotify Profile - Taylor   |  Feel free to PM me - Here  ||

It is definitely still there. 

If you sign into Spotify using a Facebook account (eg. you sign into the client using your email address and password) then you won't have that option, since Facebook accounts obviously can't be disconnected from Facebook. 

You will only have that option if you are signed into a dedicated Spotify account using a Spotify username (not email address) and password. 

Peter

Peter

I have a spotify facebook account which I dont use and I have a premium account which I would like to connect to my facebook account. could you disconnect my other accounts from facebook or better yet just delete it so I can simply use my premium account?

@keyvan wrote:

I have a spotify facebook account which I dont use and I have a premium account which I would like to connect to my facebook account. could you disconnect my other accounts from facebook or better yet just delete it so I can simply use my premium account?

Have you tried merging your premium account by connecting it to your Facebook in Edit/Spotify > Preferences > Social Network > Connect to Facebook? Or do you get an error? 

Peter

Peter

I get an error, it says "Sorry there has been a temporary error, please try again later." I think at one point it mentioned that it gives error because the facebook account is connected to another spotify account.

That is possible! If you get in touch with the customer services team directly using the online contact form they should be able to manually remove that account for you so you can then merge them. 

If you get an automated email reply back directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to that email (even if its from no-reply) and one of the customer services agents will get back to you as soon as possible.

Peter

Peter

Could you do the same for me? i had a non premium account and linked my facebook to it! now I`ve bought a premium but an other account but i would to make t possible for my friends to find me and follow. HELP HELP HELP ! Thanks

Please remove this account from facebook i have to link it to another account help me please!

@sebastiano wrote:

Please remove this account from facebook i have to link it to another account help me please!

If you get in touch with the Spotify team using the same link I posted above they will be able to sort that out for you 😉 

Peter

Peter

Hi, can yuo remove my fb account from my spotify please?

Thanks/

@pedromarinallen wrote:

Hi, can yuo remove my fb account from my spotify please?

Thanks/

Hey! Welcome to the community 🙂 

Have a read at the steps in this tutorial 😉

Peter

Peter

Why? I loath Facebook and their invasive manner. I want nothing to do with them. So is goodbye Spotify for me? Pandora is not linked to Facebook so I'll stick with them. Thanks, but I find this unreasonable.

Hi Scrutarius,

Welcome to the Community!

It is not necessary to connect your account to Facebook in order to use Spotify. If your account is currently connected and you would like this changed, check out the thread Peter shared above for steps on how to do this.

Hope this helps.

--------------------------------------------------------------

For Twitter support, find us at @SpotifyCares.

Follow me on Spotify.

Didn't work for me. I have a non-Facebook account. Somebody else (named A) has used my spotify and his name and pictured shows up in spotify.

After doing a preferences->"Disconnect Facebook" and reinstallation of spotify, the picture disappeared but the name of person A still shows up.  

Suggested posts