Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Removing an artist from "recently played"?

Solved!

Removing an artist from "recently played"?

Hello,

I'm assuming this is a question for Spotify workers who actually have the possibility to change stuff on your account, but contacting them directly seems to have been removed and all that's left is this "ask community" thing, so I'm trying here. 

My problem is that the number 1 of my most played artist is an author, because I listened to some "audio books" on spotify for about 2 days, which then made her the top of my recently played ever, with more than 700 plays just because the "songs" or parts of each book are so short. I am wondering if there is any chance someone can delete any records of me listening to Tove Jansson, not because I'm ashamed or anything, of course. But because I think it's really sad that it looks like she's one of my favourite artists when I just listened to some books over a night. This will also show at the "year of spotify" thing where you see what you have listened to the most, and it won't even be correct. It has said Tove Jansson as my top artist at the "recently played" for months now, even though I have not listened to any book for a long time, it's just so many songs that played through during the small amount of time (comparing to all other artists im listening to) that it seems impossible to change or get rid of. Is there anything I can do?

Regards

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

@hollender hey there.

I've had the same issue with my listening profile. In future, I would suggest saving it offline and listening in offline mode.

Regarding the deletion of listening history, there is no way currently to remove artists from history and recently played, however spotify takes your ideas seriously, and I'd suggest contributing to the discussion here:

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Live-Ideas/remove-played-songs-in-history/idi-p/999232

View solution in original post

9 Replies

Did you try to right click it and then click "Delete"? this might help if you did not try this out yet since it is kind of useless for the spotify moderators/developers to wipe a history of played songs for a person.

I hope this worked out for you!

Kind Regards,

Mikey

Please be sure to use the search box before posting problem/bug/issue.
Marked as solution

@hollender hey there.

I've had the same issue with my listening profile. In future, I would suggest saving it offline and listening in offline mode.

Regarding the deletion of listening history, there is no way currently to remove artists from history and recently played, however spotify takes your ideas seriously, and I'd suggest contributing to the discussion here:

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Live-Ideas/remove-played-songs-in-history/idi-p/999232

due to autoplay being enabled I have several undesired artists in my recently played list.

the only option I can see that might be appropriate is to report these artists, but what I really want to do is remove them from the list.

is there any way to do this?

help is much appreciated.

regards.

Yeah, exactly. I stumbled across similar problem as well. I currently have an artist in the recent list I personally hate and would never listen. It might be very pleasent to have the option to remove the artis from the list of recently played.

Thanks!

Why is this marked as "solved"? This is not a solution. What is wrong with you, we just want a stupid remove button it is not rocket science. Even an intern can do this... smh...

Agreed. I'd really like my profile to reflect my favourite artists/songs when showing my profile to friends. There's a lot on mine I don't like, or don't even know... 

Hi, I just checked on some of my friend's spotify accounts and I think there is no way to check what their "Recently Played Artists" are. I do have some artists I personally would never listen to on my recently played and it's kind of bugging me. However, I'm pretty sure my friends/your friends can't see your recently played artists. Hope this helps somehow, lol.

Yea, I noticed that now so that's not a problem. However I'm worried that it will still show as my most listened artist at the end of the year, when you can do the "my year in music" and get statistics on your listening, see favourite artists and songs etc..

You have to go to "Artists" move the mouse over an artist you would like to have in your recently played artists and press play, then they would appear in there right away

Suggested posts