Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Shuffle a playlist?

Solved!

Shuffle a playlist?

Hey, I can't seem to find any button on Spotify saying SHUFFLE - how do you random play your tracks / playlists?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

@SpotOn wrote:

Hey, I can't seem to find any button on Spotify saying SHUFFLE - how do you random play your tracks / playlists?

Look at the bottom right hand corner of the client:

shuffle.PNG

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

Finally worked this out. Could not understand why I could not shuffle a playlist on my iPad mini. This is how to do it. When playing a track from a playlist tap on the double arrow next to the small album art work, this will give you a full screen artwork. Just above the pause button there are two icons one is a shuffle icon (it is hard to see as I was trying to shuffle tracks when I was outside and could not see the icon due to sunlight). Tap on it and it lights up and then tracks shuffle from a playlist. Happy days no more listending to playlists in alphabetical order.

Marked as solution

@kjm322 - Sounds like the web player, you are right it is pretty tricky to find. That feedback has been passed over to the web guys. 😉 

@Caz59 - You can star an entire album on iPad by pressing the "+" icon at the top of the album page. There is no easy way to star an entire playlist or artist page I'm afraid. 

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

56 Replies
Marked as solution

@SpotOn wrote:

Look at the bottom right hand corner of the client:

shuffle.PNG

sometimes its so weird - didnt see this button as well - thx!!!

How do you Shuffle the entire playlist rather than just one artist?

@gr8lksr wrote:

How do you Shuffle the entire playlist rather than just one artist?

Have you tried the shuffle icon outlined above? 

Peter

Peter

I can shuffle a single playlist can you shuffle all playlists?

@SpotOn wrote:

You can only shuffle tracks, not playlists at the moment although this has been requested. You can work round this by copying everything into one playlist although that isn't terribly elegant 😞

If you star all tracks, could you then play random from Stared Tracks? And is there an easy way to star bulk tracks?

On the desktop client, you can show all your music by selecting "Library" in the left panel then you can select all the tracks and put them in a new playlist. This can be the starred playislt, star them all or whatever. You can just play from there with shuffle on too.

There's no way to do this easily in the web player or on mobile versions though.

I looked everywere but there. When you can see the track time bar (whatever). Just like the desktop player.

@raymond wrote:

I can shuffle a single playlist can you shuffle all playlists?

@SpotOn wrote:

Add all the playlists into one playlist folder, and shuffle the folder.

Marked as solution

Finally worked this out. Could not understand why I could not shuffle a playlist on my iPad mini. This is how to do it. When playing a track from a playlist tap on the double arrow next to the small album art work, this will give you a full screen artwork. Just above the pause button there are two icons one is a shuffle icon (it is hard to see as I was trying to shuffle tracks when I was outside and could not see the icon due to sunlight). Tap on it and it lights up and then tracks shuffle from a playlist. Happy days no more listending to playlists in alphabetical order.

Doesn't seem that you can shuffle mutliple playlists, only the oder of the songs.. shame.

I can't find that icon??

I still don't see the icon above the pause button??

Which application are you using?

Peter

Ist it possible to add a "shuffle" option to this iframe code:

<iframe src="https://embed.spotify.com/?uri=spotify:user:musicnerd29:playlist:5vbAOHq9YZC2maZqoOb2kC" width="300" height="380" frameborder="0" allowtransparency="true"></iframe>

Yours, George

No it's not possible. I imagine that, if it could be done, the user's player would stay in shuffle mode which could cause some issues. The full list of switches you can use is listed on this page.

this would be a great and important feature. i wonder that spotify not already relized this.

@musicnerd - It will shuffle the playlist if the users client already has shuffle enabled. I'm with @Joe on this one, I don't really want playlist links to be able to change my settings, however, if you want to suggest it as a change head over to the Ideas Exchange and post it there for review.

Peter

Suggested posts