Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Someone else seems to be using my email but not my account

Solved!

Someone else seems to be using my email but not my account

Hi!

I've been getting emails for a couple of months that there's an issue with my payment. The emails however are adressed to another person with another name, and there is NOT an issue with my payment on my account.

Today that person also ordered an upgrade and my email recieved the receipt. I however, I still have the same spotifysettings on my account, and I still only pay for that. 

There's not an issue on my bank or anything, but another person is using my email but not my specific account.

I can't seem to find that account registered to my email when I log into spotify on the website, so what's up?

And what can I do to get the person STOP using my email. It's annoying getting emails every month, and I'm basically just sitting here waiting to be scammed for money one day.

What can I do? Or what can spotify do?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @joaze ! Welcome to the community 🙂

Best thing to do here is get in touch with the customer services team directly using the online contact form and they will be able to look into this a little closer for you. Unfortunately due to the need to possibily verify some personal details it can't be done here on the public community. 

If you get an automated email reply back directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to that email (even if its from no-reply) and one of the customer services agents will get back to you as soon as possible.

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Marked as solution

Hey @joaze ! Welcome to the community 🙂

Best thing to do here is get in touch with the customer services team directly using the online contact form and they will be able to look into this a little closer for you. Unfortunately due to the need to possibily verify some personal details it can't be done here on the public community. 

If you get an automated email reply back directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to that email (even if its from no-reply) and one of the customer services agents will get back to you as soon as possible.

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Suggested posts