Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify charged my account with the student discount but never gave me premium.

Spotify charged my account with the student discount but never gave me premium.

I tried relogging onto it, reinstalling it, using a different phone. And i still dont have premium. I did the student discount. And it charged 4.99 to my card. Very frustrating and not the first time this has happened. I sent customer support a message. Heres the case number: 03431935

5 Replies

Hello @Jccdogg, Welcome to the community! 🙂

You can use this guide to assist you in solving your issue:

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Help-Accounts-and-Subscriptions/Just-subscribed-Not-getting-Premium...

If you have sent a support ticket then spotify will reply to you soon (24-48 hours), if you get a no-reply email sending you back here just reply to it. 🙂

I hope this helped! 🙂

Already had the problem dealt with only took like 3 hours worth of back and fourth complaints to customer support.

@Jccdogg wrote:

Already had the problem dealt with only took like 3 hours worth of back and fourth complaints to customer support.

@Jccdogg Hey there! Are you still in need of help?

If your case is resolved, please click the 'Accept as Solution' button and add your kudos!

Hello, I too have this problem & I am extremely frustrated. I want what I paid for & have not had any problems until now with Spotify. This needs to be fixed.

Hey @Carterdodson, Welcome to the community! 🙂

Here's what to try if you've upgraded to Premium but don't see it in the app.

• Check your subscription page. Your status should be Premium. 
  • If you're on Premium, try signing out and back into the app. 
  • If it says Free, check the receipt we send to your email inbox. Make sure you're signing in with the username on that receipt. If the username on your receipt is a 10 digit number, please sign in with your Facebook login details.

It's also possible you have a second account - one account with a Spotify username, the other created and linked to your Facebook profile. Try logging in with each to access your Premium.

I hope this helped! 🙂

Suggested posts