Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify doesn't recognize I have premium.

Solved!

Spotify doesn't recognize I have premium.

I just purchased premium earlier this week but I am having trouble syncing all my playlist on my Ipod. only some of my playlist are showing up on my ipod and for the ones that do show up, most of them are missing a lot of songs that  I have recently added to them. I've tried logging in and out and that doesn't work, and when I try to make a playlist available offline from my computer it says that I need a premium account to be able to do that, but I do have one.

115 Replies

I am having the same problem and it is really frustrating!!!!

I have bought spotify premium for 3 months on my desktop but my phone app (android) doesnt recognize it!

Please help!

Have you tried airplane mode on your phone or logging out of Spotify and loggin back?

yep..

I have even reinstalled the app.. but it still doesnt let me download the playlists cos it says I am not premium...

On my desktop spotify it says Im premium tho!

Hey there.

There is some delay with updates. You should get this premium to your mobile soon.

I'm sorry for this waiting!

i have spotify premium and all the sudden it says that i dont have it, i have for a cupple of months or a year i dont know but it dont work for me anymore.

HELP?

Does your account overview show an active premium subscription?

My phone doesn't recognise that i have premium and still comes up with adds etc
Marked as solution

Hey @Keeganclarkkk ! Welcome to the community 🙂

I would suggest you have a read at and try the steps outlined in this post and see if they can get you up and running. 

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Ive got the same problem. Been a premium member for a long time now and this is the second time this has happened. Out of the blue it thinks im a free user and not premium. I have downloaded playlists that i cannot play and it does not rdcognise that they are downloaded. Tried logging in With both face book and user name and pass on the mobile app. Please help

@Jakedam - Is your account showing as premium here?:

https://www.spotify.com/account/overview/

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

I have the same issue, did everything, is there a solution to this?

@crw777 

First try logging out of the app and then back in.

If you still have trouble,

I suggest you contact support so they can help you

https://www.spotify.com/about-us/contact/contact-spotify-support/

If you get an automated reply email telling you to check the help section or the community, you need to reply back to it.

Support usually replies within 24-48 hours.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

It only takes a seconds to fix this. Make sure you've down loaded the desktop Spotify player on pc's and laptops. Log out of your Spotify on all your devices. Then log into whatever device is not recognizing your membership first. Then log into the device that is recognizing it. Go to devices in the menu on the one that was not recognizing it and it should show your tablet, smartphone or Pc as a device ( I think it needs to recognize and list the device that was working and showing your premeium memebership). Click the name of that device and then click the sync button. It brought mine up right away and all the music is there. You may want to make sure all your devices are connected on the same network.  My smartphone recognized my membership but my Dell  laptop did not. they are both working great now.I downloaded the music player on the dell, logged out of both, logged into dell then my smartphone, on dell I went to devices in menu, clicked my smartphones name and then clicked the sync button .Hope this helps! 

My sportiy isn't realizing I have spotify premium

@Francesca9925 

According to https://support.spotify.com

Spotify is aware of a service issue and they are working on a fix

Read this thread for the latest updates:

Premium dropped to free? Post Here

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

I am having the same problem with my account and I Need it for my Dj it's not professional with the adds so they need to figure this out its been almost a week

Anybody have a solution? I've had spotify for over a year now on the premium and it shows premium on my account info an it works fine on my phone app but when i log onto a computer it say im a free user on the home page but when i check my account info it says premium but wont give me premium options i can't even listen to music on my pc 

For me the solution was that I had two accounts and was logging in with the
wrong one. I got in touch with support at Spotify and they gave me the
username associated with my premium account. That may seem obvious and not
helpful but that's what the issue was for me

I just had this same problem. I was listening to music on my computer and then I logged out of Spotify on my phone and back in and a tab popped up saying I was listening on my computer and asking if I wanted to listen on my phone and I said yes. Now it recognizes the premium. Maybe try listening on your computer when you sign out and back in?

Suggested posts