Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Log everyone out of my Spotify

Log everyone out of my Spotify

I keep getting "your account is being used somewhere else". Can I force logout all instances of my account?

83 Replies

Ok... I think this is a SONOS related issue as it was working and then cut off with the same problem you have. However, it is now letting me play in Spotify directly without problems. As soon as I go back into SONOS, it loses it again.

Perhaps another update is needed?

Spoke to soon! Just checked me out after 3 tracks!!! Grrrrrrrr

I just said it is not a Sonos issue (?) since I can use Sonos for everything else BUT Spotify!!! Therefore it's must obviously be Spotify that's the issue - I cannot use Spotify with or without Sonos 😉

Lol - it's so frustrating man

yeah.... didn't see that till after tho! mutli-tasking whilst working from home.

AHving the same issue.

Thought my account had been compromised so disconencted all devices, reset password, logged back in to PC version only and it chucked me out again.

Glad it's nt me, but equally hope it's fixed soon!

Same issue here both playing spotify directly and through Sonos.  Changed Facebook password, logged out everywhere, etc.  Still not working.

Yep same here. Sonos etc.

I'm having the same issue.  Sonos wasn't connecting properly earlier this morning so I logged out of the account.  My Mac Spotify client then started saying that the account was in use and the music would pause.  I then logged into the web console and logged out of all sessions and changed my password.  Right after that, logged back into the Mac Spotify client and my first track stopped about 30 seconds in with the account was in use warning.  Not sure what's going on here, but this is frustrating.

Is someone from Spotify supposed to jump in here with a suggestion as to how this is resolved?

I hope so!  I am getting tired of clicking the play button every 30-45 seconds.

Sonos are aware of the issue with connecting to spotify and are working on it. 

But I am also having problems with spotify.  I have re-set my router, signed out of all devices (twice) and restarted my pc.  It still won't let me play any track longer than about 30 seconds.

I didn't realise how addicted I was until someone took my music from me!

Christina

Thanks for sharing the Sonos link. I'm glad they are working on it. It looks like we are having similar issues in each Sonos/Spotify client as well.

You're welcome.

I'm having more luck with my Spotify. I've heard a few tracks in a row now. Hopefully I won't jinx it but it's promising.

Mine is finally working today 🙂 no thanx to Spotify though 😕 yay...

I have seen numerous threads about this issue I am having, but I haven't found a solution that works for me.

I'm a spotify premium member and periodically I encounter the message "Spotify has been paused because your account has been used somewhere else." If I re-start the song in the desktop app on my computer, it will play for a bit (10 seconds to a minute) before it pauses again with the same message. The timing of the pauses seems suspiciously like there is "somebody" somewhere else using my account, as I can play this back and forth game of re-start / pause endlessly. The popular suggested solution on the discussion boards is to change your password, "log out everywhere," and log back in with your new password. This works, BUT, only for a week or two and then the exact problem re-occurs.

I have chnaged my password three times now in the past month and continue to encountered this problem on both my home and work pc. I'm beginning to question the security of my premium account information with Spotify? Is it possible that Spotify is leaking, or has had it user account information hacked? Has anyone else encountered this?

Hey @blush-113

If you are concerned about the security of your account,

I suggest you contact support so they can help you. You can copy and paste your post here so that you do not have to retype it.

https://support.spotify.com/contact-spotify-support/

If you get an automated reply email telling you to check the help section or the community, you need to reply back to it, even if it's from a no-reply address.

Support usually replies within 24-48 hours.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hi,

Im having the same issue as well.  I just changed my password and logged out of everything and the problem continues.

Im pretty sure my account is not compromised as I always use unique complex passwords for all my services.

This is very annoying, why cant they pause the "other" device and let my phone play!!

Hi there,

Could you try to reinstall Spotify on all devices you own? Please note that you will see this message when playing music on a Spotify device that doesn't support Spotify Connect. 

What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
Last.fm | Twitter

Backstage Intro - Meet Jordi!
What's it like to be in a Spotify Office?

Did I help? Please add a like!
Did I solve your issue? Please accept as the solution!

I could I guess, but they are not with me right now.  

What would be an example of such unsoported device?

I have two Win 10 PCs,one Mac, 2 iPads, iphone and android.  Amazon echo is also linked.

Suggested posts