Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify is quiet!

Spotify is quiet!

Hello!

Yesterday spotify stopped in the suddenly. Then I ordered Spotify Unlimited but it's still quiet. Why?

9 Replies

Hey!

First of all, ensure that the volume in Spotify is turned up - 

Screen Shot 2012-07-10 at 16.40.31.png

If it still seems to be a little quiet, pop over the Preferences menu, scroll down to the "Playback" tab and uncheck "Set the same volume level for all tracks". 

Airhorn Enthusiast

The problem was precisely the volume. Are a beginner may blame it on that. Thank you for the solution.

Now, I also wonder because I ordered Spotify Unlimited yesterday but regretted it and canceled. Was afraid I did something wrong. On my side I can still read I have ordered Unlimited. Did I Failed to cancel it?

Hey,

I've just taken a look at your account, and it seems your account is still set up to carry on with Unlimited - so it does seem like the cancellation didn't quite process correctly.

Airhorn Enthusiast

Thank you for your help and  information!

I have EXACTLY the same problem. I just paid for the premium service and now it's as quiet as a DODO !

Grateful if someone could help , have checked the volume and it's fine and my Itunes works perfectly...

I imagine you would be on windows? You might want to check your Audio Mixer and see Spotify is muted or not.

Here's a pretty good tutorial on how to get there - http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/5228/simple-tips-windows-7-volume-mixer-enables-quick-access-to-sound...
Airhorn Enthusiast

Mine was too but it turned out for me that it was windows that was muting spotify, try right clicking the sound icon in the bottom right, open the volume mixer and boost up the slider, hope this helped 😛 

When using spotify on my android the max volume is very quiet, is there any way to increase the max volume?

Spoitfy is a lot quieter than it used to be on my PC and on my android phone. Not sure why this started happening. It's most noticeable on my phone though.

Suggested posts