Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify won't let me cancel my subscription

Spotify won't let me cancel my subscription

I have been trying to cancel my subscription for a few days 
now and every time I attempt to do so, the website asks for 
password confirmation. I enter the correct password... 
numerous times and it says it is incorrect. I go to the 
"forgot password?" option and the email has not been sent to 
change my password. I don't know if this is a cheap tactic to 
keep people subscribed but I would like to be able to cancel 
my subscription like I was told I could do when I initially 
signed up. I am unhappy with the service I've been getting and 
the run around that your website has been giving me. I'd 
appreciate a response otherwise I am considering closing my 
bank account and opening a new one in order for my 
subscription to be cancelled by you.
35 Replies

Joey & Jjomcmuffin - I can see you were both able to cancel your subscriptions 3 weeks ago. 

Which step proved successful for you? Changing your Internet broswer?

Mattstachel - I've just sent an email your way. Keep an eye on your inbox for me. 

It's not letting me cancel either. My subscription is due tomorrow...real convenient Spotify.

When I go to enter in my password, it doesn't take it. When I click "Forgot Password" (which I didn't), it says I'm using Facebook and I need to change my FB password. This is asinine. I'm using my FB password to try and cancel. And round and round we go...

Had to switch out browsers. Which makes sense, Firefox is only one of the most used web browsers out there...it's not like I'm using Netscape or anything.

But, problem solved. Glad I didn't have to download Chrome.

I'm having the same problem right now and it makes me so mad! What a dirty way to keep us paying. I signed up for the 30day trial, its due to reoccur in the next few days and I haven't used it enough so I want to cancell. BUT when I try to, it leads me to a facebook page where it asks me to type in my password. Once I've done that and clicked continue, it just goes back to the Spotify Account Overview page and MY SUBSCRIPTION HAS NO BEEN CANCELLED!!

Fix it Spotify!

Hey leipzig10, welcome to the Community.

Are you trying to cancel from a computer? Could you try clearing cache/cookies then trying again?

If that doesn't work, get in touch here and one of our support team will get back to you as soon as they can. If you get an automated response, reply back to it directly.

--------------------------------------------------------------

For common support questions, see support.spotify.com.
To judge my musical taste, check out my last.fm.

Hi, I signed up for the 30day free trial for Spotify Premium and have been trying to cancel the subscription before I am charged on 8 August. On Spotify it says that I am on Premium, however on the Subscription page of my account it says that I am on a free account. It therefore gives me no option anywhere to 'View your options' or 'Cancel my subscriptions'. I have a receipt for the free trial subscription so know that my trial runs out in 2 days - please let me know how I can ensure I'm not charged.

Many Thanks

Sounds like you aren't logging into the same account @OolaBoola . If you are logged into the desktop Spotify, go to Help > Your Account and it will load the correct page for you to cancel. 

Otherwise, if you get in touch with the customer services team directly using the online contact form they should be able to cancel it manually for you. 

If you get an automated email reply back directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to that email (even if its from no-reply) and one of the customer services agents will get back to you as soon as possible.

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

I have the same problem! I insert my password (correct) and get an error over 10 times!! It just doesn't let me cancel the subscription. Could somebody help?

@David wrote:
Hey Josh,

I've just sent you an email - We should be able to sort that out our end for you.

@lexpt - Are you definitely entering the correct password. It can get a little confusing when making account changes if you have a Spotify account which is also linked to Facebook since you can log in using either set of details but you need your Spotify account password to make any changes to your account. 

I would try getting a password reset, by entering the username shown on your online account on the reset page. 

To get a password reset:
1. Go to https://www.spotify.com/password-reset/
2. If you get redirected to your online profile (where you need to current password to make the change), you are still logged into the website. Click on your name at the top and choose Log Out.
3. Return to https://www.spotify.com/password-reset/ and you should be able to request a reset.

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Spotify is not letting me cancel my premium subscription? there is no option for "cancel my subscription" on my subscription page i've tried numerous times on various different occasions, if my spotify premium account is not cancelled before 12th of this month it will continue, in which case i will be deleting spotify all together and forgetting about the app completely.

@David wrote:
Hey Josh,

I've just sent you an email - We should be able to sort that out our end for you.

josh?

I have been Trying to cancel my subscription to spotify for about a month now but no avail it won't let me cancel. This will b my last attempt to do so then I'm gonna report this to BBB. I went a refund fund for the months of Dec, Jan and Feb and i a refund for the Nsf that was charged to my bank account. Thanks for nothing Rona

of all the different accounts Spotify is the hardest to cancel that I have ever run across. Cancel my account muley053. I I have been charged for 3 months that I don't even have a app for. So

@ronachap1968 

I suggest you contact support so they can help you

https://www.spotify.com/about-us/contact/contact-spotify-support/

If you get an automated reply email telling you to check the help section or the community, you need to reply back to it.

Support usually replies within 24-48 hours.

To cancel your subscription, you need to sign into this page:

https://www.spotify.com/accounts/subscription/

If you don't see a cancel option,

You might have subscribed to premium through the iPhone or iPad app.

To cancel your subscription, you need to cancel it from iTunes. Your subscription is being handled by Apple.

Information on how to do this can be found here:

http://support.apple.com/en-us/HT202039

http://www.imore.com/how-cancel-or-modify-itunes-or-app-store-subscription-right-your-iphone-or-ipad

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

I subscribed to premium hoping that I could listeni offline during commute and only to realize that I misspelt my email address. The site would not allow me to correct my email address. I had to cancel my premium within seconds of subcribing to it. It would not allow me use  my other email either. Nor It would allow me to cancel my existing accnt either.  I do not understand why this site so unfriendly and imperialistic. It seems that you are stuck with it onece you create accnt with an username and a email accnt associated with it.  The onle way to get around it to create a new email and user ID multiple times. What a dumb system!!! I mean, when a email is not formatted properly, the sotware should catch the glitch before allowing the the user proceed further.

I have been trying to delete this account for a week and I keep getting the run around! I'm going to tell my friends of what a hassle this has been and they will lose a lot of customers!

I am having the same problem and my account will be charged again tomorrow. Can you please cancel it ASAP??

Suggested posts