Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify won't let me upgrade to premium

Solved!

Spotify won't let me upgrade to premium

My spotify premium subscription recently ran out and I've only just got round to trying to upgrading it. My subscription page states that my subscription status is unavliable at the moment and the options to upgrade to premium have been removed from the subsciption pages.

The contact form also seems to not be working.  

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

It is working now! I just tried to renew my subscription and it just worked.

Try it now!

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

Hey Everyone,

It seems our website had a little hiccup earlier.

Not to worry. Hiccups are gone. The subscription page and contact form should be back to normal for you now.

View solution in original post

20 Replies

I have the exact same problem right now. I just bought a 1-month subscription for Spotify Premium. I get this message:

''You can not redeem this code, you have another product than this product would give you. To redeem this code, please either upgrade this account to the product type you want to switch to, and then redeem the code, or cancel your current subscription and try again after the subscription has ended.''

Hi,

I was bought a Spotify gift card (£30) as, well, a gift.

I am trying to upgrade from my free account, but when I enter the code on the card into the redeem section, I get this message:

"...You can not redeem this code, you have another product than this product would give you. To redeem this code, please either upgrade this account to the product type you want to switch to, and then redeem the code, or cancel your current subscription and try again after the subscription has ended..."

Can anyone shed any light on this?

Thanks!

Have the exact same problem.  Trying to uprade for standard acount to premium, just get the message "not available", frustrating as I am actually trying to pay for the service.

Same problem here.. my subscription with bredbandsbolaget ended and I was trying to sign up for a premium subscription but got a message saying my subscrition status was unavailable and when I try signing up for premium I get an error message saying product unavaiable 😞

Same for me. Subscription ran out due to changing cards and I've been trying to renew it for the past hour. Can't access my subscription and if I try to edit my payment details "This feature is currently unavailable. Please try again later.". Can't get Unlimited either.

Sounds like the database is having trouble recognizing when subscriptions have expired.

I'm having the same problem, try to upgrade from Unlimited to Premium, but it tells me 'product is unavailable'. I'd like to use it on holiday! Must be so many frustrated people today trying to throw money at Spotify... Also try to use the help form, and there is no submit button, hopefully someone will sort this out when they get in tomorrow morning ...

Same problem for me I can't restart my subscription after a payment failure, when I tried to buy a premium subscription I obtain this error message "este servicio no esta disponible"

Well, something's happening. Whereas I was getting an error about not being able to change my payment, it allowed me to see the screen and enter numbers just now. As I confirmed it it said it was unable to change it. Progress though. Plus "unlimited" is now being listed as unavailable. I'm assuming they're working on it. Ahh, twitter: Some users might not be able to purchase Spotify Premium/Unlimited at the moment. We are looking into it. https://twitter.com/#!/SpotifyStatus At least they know about it!
Marked as solution

It is working now! I just tried to renew my subscription and it just worked.

Try it now!

Yeah I managed to upgrade to premium. I did keep getting a payment failed error message when I put in my new card, but after about 6 attempts, each time putting in the card number again, I managed to get it to work.
Marked as solution

Hey Everyone,

It seems our website had a little hiccup earlier.

Not to worry. Hiccups are gone. The subscription page and contact form should be back to normal for you now.

Today I tried to upgrade to the premium and it wouldn't let me, And usually it lets me. Without no problem. But today it said "sorry, in app purchases are not available in your region" someone please help!!!!

Mine says the same thing. Its really frustrating

Snake

Hi

It STILL won't let me upgrade in the app. I've deleted the app then logged back in, turned off my iPhone and it won't work. HELP ME NOWWWW

The same thing is happening to me! Someone help?

Still won't let me very annoying

Suggested posts