Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Student Discount Charged Twice!

Student Discount Charged Twice!

I'm having so many issues with Spotify that it's actually comical...

1st, my 12 month student discount premium subscription was set to expire at the end of March. I tried several times to renew and update, but got an "Oops something went wrong message." I decided to cancel my premium subscription in hopes of being able to re-up with the student discount once it finally expired.

Today my premium account expired. I went through the steps, the site confirmed I was a student but it would not take any of my cards, all different. Even my wife's card! I tried making a new account, same thing.

I have tweeted Spotify Cares, messaged them on Facebook and used the contact form on the website and heard nothing. Not even an automated response. Checked junk mail, everything. To make matters worse, my bank account was charged $4.99 twice today by Spotify and I still do not have access to premium services!

Someone help please!
26 Replies

Hey @tforgione and welcome to the Community!

How long have you been waiting for a response from SpotifyCares on Twitter and Facebook? - Have you received a case number via email after you've filled out the contact form or no email at all?

MaximSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

I've received no email at all from Spotify. Not even an automated response. Nothing in my email's junk folder either. I first contacted Spotify Cares on Twitter at 2:00 pm today. Sent them a message on FB at 4:30 pm. It is no approximately 5:30.

Spotify Support usually takes 24-48 hours to reply. How about we'll wait 24 hours and if you don't hear back from SpotifyCares, i'll go ahead and escalate this issue. Sounds good? 🙂

MaximSpotify Star

Thanks. Glad someone is hearing me out there.

Ok so I heard back from Spotify Cares via Twitter and Facebook. I heard nothing back from the forms I submitted on their website. They said they forwarded my issue to their accounts team and to wait two business days before trying again.

I waited 48 hours, verified my discount eligibility via SheerID, and tried again only to receive the same error message described above.

Hey @tforgione,

If you got an automated reply email telling you to check the Knowledgebase or the Spotify Community, you need to reply back to it, even if it's from a no-reply address.

Have you replied back to it?

MaximSpotify Star

I've never received any email from Spotify

Hey @tforgione,

Can you check the Inbox of your email address thats associated with your Spotify Account?

MaximSpotify Star

I have. I meant to say they haven't emailed me about this problem.

Hey @tforgione,

This sounds very strange.. Have you tried emptying your internet browsers cache and trying to update your payment method via incognito mode?

Doing so might help..

Let us know if that fixes it.

If this solved your issue - Mark it as a solution! If you like my post - Please add Kudos!

What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?!
Follow me: Snapchat | Twitter | I'm a Blackstar!

I just tried this again and got the same error message.

@tforgione

Can you please confirm the last time Spotify support have been in contact with you? And if you have a case number can i have it please.

Could you copy & paste the error you get as a reply please.

If this solved your issue - Mark it as a solution! If you like my post - Please add Kudos!

The last time I heard from them was 1:40pm on Monday. I never received a case number.

It says: "Oops, seems your card or payment provider is having a bad day. Don't worry, no money has been charged. Try again or use another payment method."

Thanks @tforgione,

When you created this account, did you create it via Facebook or Spotify's website?

I used Facebook as my log in credentials.

Question: I recently changed my name on Facebook so that my middle name is listed as my last name for increased privacy. Could this be causing issues with credit card verification?

@tforgione

This might be confusing the system. Is it possible for you to revert it back on facebook and try again with the payment method?

Have you tried a different browser?

I've tried different browsers. I will attempt the Facebook name change.

@tforgione

Can you also check your recent transactions with the payment method you have used in the past. Have the 2 charges come out of your bank on the same day?

Also to confirm, do you have more than 1 Spotify account? Or do you just have 1 account?

Suggested posts