Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Student Discount only lasts for 3-4 months

Student Discount only lasts for 3-4 months

Everytime is set the student discount it gives me the discount for 3-5 months than goes bac to the full charge. Then when I reapply for the discount I get chargedd for the month again.

What should I do?

Douglas

1 Reply

Hello @douglasgreene. A student discount should be valid for 12 months before requiring renewal. After these 12 months the renewal process needs to be completed prior to the next charge, otherwise you will receive the full price charged to your account. The subsequent charge for the discount price you are seeing is not for the same month, but for the one following. As of right now, notifications when your discount is about to expire are infrequent at best. I've personally received some, but I know others have not.

The man issue I'm seeing here is that you are having to renew much more frequently than normal, and because of that I'm going to recommend you reach out to support so that they can look into that for you. Support can be reached one of three ways: through the online contact form; on twitter by reaching out to @SpotifyCares; or by sending a message to the Spotify Cares Facebook page. Please be aware that responses may take anywhere from 24-48 hours depending on the volume of tickets support is currently handling.

In regards to the contact form, upon filling it out you should receive a confirmation email, usually a generic message containing the information you provided and instructions to visit these forums. If after 24 hours you do not hear back from a support team member, please reply directly back to the confirmation email, even if it originates from a no-reply address. If you do not receive this confirmation email, please check your spam folder. If it is not present there, please attempt using one of the other contact methods, or, if you are unable to use the alternatives, please let me know. Cheers!

Suggested posts