Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Student discount and free trial

Student discount and free trial

I want to start a student account for £4.99 per month. However, when I go to upgrade and I click on student, it doesn't mention the free trial. Will I still get the 30 days free trial? I don't want to put in my bank details and get charged straight away when I could have got a free trial.

3 Replies

Welcome to the community, emilyj1411! Thanks for reaching out.

Unfortunately, Spotify's 30-day trial cannot be used in conjunction with the student discount. Though, you could sign up for the 30-day trial, cancel at the end, and manually start up the student discount after that. If you have any other questions, don't hestitate to ask! 🙂

Did my reply look like it was a solution to your problem? If so, please click ACCEPT AS SOLUTION so others can find this answer too!

Carter McCulloch: listening on Windows, iOS, PlayStation.
Tweet me @Skyllful.

Follow me

When do I need to cancel the free trial by before it charges me? Can I leave it to the last day or do you need to give a certain amount of notice?

Emily

Hey, emilyj1411!

I wouldn't recommend canceling your free trial the day it expires, just to be sure, but the day before would work. 🙂

P.S. The student discount is not intended to come with a free trial and it would be less of a hassle overall to bypass this manual method I've suggested.

Did my reply look like it was a solution to your problem? If so, please click ACCEPT AS SOLUTION so others can find this answer too!

Carter McCulloch: listening on Windows, iOS, PlayStation.
Tweet me @Skyllful.

Follow me

Suggested posts