Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Switch to Student Discount

Switch to Student Discount

Hello, I have a $10 Spotify Premium subscription right now, but I'd like to switch to a Student subscription.  I went to https://www.spotify.com/us/student/.  When I clicked "Get Premium", it took me to https://www.spotify.com/us/account/subscription/.  How do I sign up for the discount!

Thanks for the help!

227 Replies

Thank You! This worked perfectly for me.

The system says I can't be verified, does graduate school not count as being a student?

Hey @rr0,

Student Premium is open to students at U.S. Title IV accredited institutions, which, I believe, refers to College (undergraduate and graduate). Still, you should ask a school official and see what they say.

osorniosSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Will the student discount become available for Canadian Students? I would really like to take advantage of this discount as I use your service quite frequently.

Hey @chaseherie,

You're not the only one wondering. Please vote for this idea so it may be implemented in the future.

osorniosSpotify Star

Voted!! Hopefully this will be implemented

Hi I recently singed up for the student discount and as I was filling out my infor my computer shut down and now I am stuck in free subscription but I was charged for it 

Hey @libbiev63,

Did you get an email receipt for your subscription purchase?

In it, it shows the Spotify username you paid for:

Username/ID:        xxxxxxx

Logout of the app, and be sure to use it, instead of your email address, to login to your account. It's the one with the Premium features.

Login with that username to the website to check the status of your subscription, and your receipts.

Hope it helps. 🙂

osorniosSpotify Star

If you sign up for the student package isnit a 12 month contract? Or a flexible contract which i can cancel anytime?

Hey @Mike7998,

You get the student rate for 12 months, but you can cancel anytime.

osorniosSpotify Star

Não consegui fazer o login ainda

I have premium and now have student discount, if i cancel my account will i loose everything ?? Also can i use the student discount with family premium ??

Signed up for regular premuim, cancled  that, then I signed up for student. Still got charged for regular premium.. Any way I can fix this?

Hey @craigfraser,

You won't lose any playlists, friends, or your music library, as long as you keep using the same username you've been using. Those are independent from your subscription status.  

Also, student and family premium are different. You can't combine them.

Hope it helps. 🙂
osorniosSpotify Star

Hey @user-removed,

Do you get email receipts for your subscription purchases? Search for one of them in your email account. In it, the Spotify username you're paying for is shown:

Username/ID:        xxxxxxx

If you're getting charged twice, it probably means you're paying more than one account (one for regular premium, one for student). Checking your receipts is a way to confirm that.

You need to login using the username with regular premium and cancel that subscription.

Hope it helps. 🙂
osorniosSpotify Star

Thanks for posting this! It helped me completely solve my problem and I now have the student discount. Thanky you!

If I do this am I going to lose all of the music on my playlist right now?

Hey @softball3,

You won't lose any playlists, friends, or your music library, as long as you keep using the same username you've been using. Those are independent from your subscription status.

osorniosSpotify Star

When I cancel my current subscription will I lose all of my songs and playlists?

Will this allow you to have all the music you had before?

Suggested posts