Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Switch to Student Discount

Switch to Student Discount

Hello, I have a $10 Spotify Premium subscription right now, but I'd like to switch to a Student subscription.  I went to https://www.spotify.com/us/student/.  When I clicked "Get Premium", it took me to https://www.spotify.com/us/account/subscription/.  How do I sign up for the discount!

Thanks for the help!

227 Replies

Same thing happened to me once, I dont remember how i resolved it but I
would say send them an email or try customer service, cause if your a
student then you deserve the student discount.

Same thing happened to me once, I dont remember how i resolved it but I
would say send them an email or try customer service, cause if your a
student then you deserve the student discount.

Hey @ethington22 @makaylajordan96

You won't lose any playlists, friends, or your music library, as long as you keep using the same username you've been using. Those are independent from your subscription status.

osorniosSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

5 pesos is ok but wen 5 weeks 😉

I have one question how do i let my friend use my spotify without skiping the song that im listening to

It doesn't show the college that I'm attending so I'm not able to get the student discount 

I currently have the student discount, but my account was charged the full amount of $10.89.

I had the student discount and then suddenly I was charged more then $10 without any further noticed. Why??????

Im going to cancel my account because theres no way to contact anyone with an explanation. 

Hey @FeeFee1123 @londres-15,

You should fill out the contact form, and someone from Spotify will be happy to help you within 24 hrs. Don't forget to check your spam folder for responses as they may end up there.

If you get an automated email directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to support@spotify.com and one of the customer services agents will get back to you.

Alternatively, if you prefer support via Twitter, you can tweet @SpotifyCares.

osorniosSpotify Star

Hi i want to cancel my subscription but it wont let me,after i follow the steps there is no option to complete the cancellation please fix it

Hey @selomandinmark,

To cancel and delete your payment info, do the following:

1. Go to your Subscription page.

2. Click UPDATE DETAILS. If it shows below 'Would you like to cancel your subscription?' click there and cancel.

3. Check the box to 'Remove', and click 'Change' button,

Note: If you have your Premium active you won't be able to remove your payment info. That's why it's important to cancel before clicking UPDATE DETAILS.

Without any payment details, no new charges can be made, so you'll be set.

Hope it helps. 🙂

osorniosSpotify Star

You should also probably note in your solution that once on the Student version website for sign-up, after clicking on "Get Premium", it will prompt to enter your credit card details again. I actually freaked out because I thought it would charge me $4.99 after having already charged me $9.99 a few days ago.

It in fact, did not, charge me $4.99. I think there is exactly two months worth of student premium left in my account from the standard premium.

I'm a university student in Australia, does the student discount apply for non-U.S. citizens, and how can I get it if so?

I always had premium membership as a student, and I was charged monthly like one. Before my twelve months, I upgraded my membership to keep it as a student. But this month they charged me as a regular premium. I want to know why this upgrade wasn't taking in consideration?, and what do I need to do to be able to have a premium membership as a student and you reimbursed the remaining balance?

HI there,

You can get in touch with Spotify through their Contact form and request for the refund. They can also advise you on what needs to be done to get back to the discounted Premium.

I want to switch to student discount and therefore cancelled my premium account. I did the verification stuff but not I don't have the same options for payment as I had before. Any tips?

When we cancel our current subscription, will we lose all of our playlists and saved music?  I want to switch to the student discount but I don't want to lose all of my saved music.

Thanks,

Alan

Is this available to United States residents only?

Hi @alanvennix

You'll be able to keep your music and playlists when changing subscription types 🙂

Hi @meggosnell,

AFAIK, student discount is available in US (through SheerID), UK (via UniDays or NUS) and Germany ( via UniDays).

Suggested posts