Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Switch to Student Discount

Switch to Student Discount

Hello, I have a $10 Spotify Premium subscription right now, but I'd like to switch to a Student subscription.  I went to https://www.spotify.com/us/student/.  When I clicked "Get Premium", it took me to https://www.spotify.com/us/account/subscription/.  How do I sign up for the discount!

Thanks for the help!

227 Replies

I press on the 3 months for 1 dollar and it made me pay for 10 dollars for 1 month. can get refund?

So, once i cancel my premium subscription on my personal email id and switch to student email id, will all the songs which i had downloaded and playlists also gets removed ??

Hey @arpit30saxena,

Are you in the US?

You don't need to cancel or create a new account. Just try using this site to validate.

If it succeeds, when you log back in your Spotify account, and look under the subscription tab the price will change to $4.99 for your upcoming renewal date.

Hope it helps. 🙂

osorniosSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hey there,

I am a student in Austria and when I try to switch to the premium student discount it says its not possible in my country. is that true? if so, why not?This service it says: this service is not available in your countryThis service it says: this service is not available in your country

Hej,

I'm studying in Sweden and I get the same error message.

Would be greatful for any advice.

Best,

Anni

HI I'm currently a high school student and I want to apply for the student subscription. Is it only for college students?

Hey I'm trying to use student discount but it's saying it's connected to another account when it shouldn't be. How do I get it on mine?

Hello,

I recently switched schools. If I cancel my current account inorder to take advantage of the student discount will I lose all my playlists?

K

Bonjour j'ai téléchargé spotify sur le IPhone de mon père pris spotify prenium et l'essai de 7 jours et il a bien fonctionné mais depuis je ne peux pas mettre sa carte bleu pour pouvoir lui laisser spotify prenium car moi sur Samsung ça fonctionne bien merci pour votre aide

Hi, Is this discount applicable to Australian Universities?

any time I try and enter credit card information it tells me that my provider is having a bad day and to try again or use a different card.  I have used a bunch of cards and none are working.  any advice?

I am a longtime spotify premium member. WIll I loose all my playlists and preferences when I applly the student discount? Will it "reset" my account?

No. My account was deactivated and reactivated as a student, and all of my playlists were the same. Everything stays the same, nothing gets lost or deleted. 

ty!

Hi! So if I follow those steps will I be able to keep the music I already have?

Thank you!!

I was not able to use my same username once I switched. Have I lost my playlists for good?? 

Would i be eligible for the student discount if i am an enrolled student in a country other than US?(In my case, Australia). If so, how?

Hey @user-removed,

To get the student discount you need to be enrolled in a college or university in the United States, United Kingdom or Germany.

Hope it helps. 🙂

osorniosSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Have one playlist in Google Drive there that i wanted pass of the google drive(playlist) to spotify(playlist)

I got the same problem. But when I am canceling my subscription and signing in again afterwards will all my music and playlists and so on still be there or is it deleted?

thanks for your help

Suggested posts