Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Switch to Student Discount

Switch to Student Discount

Hello, I have a $10 Spotify Premium subscription right now, but I'd like to switch to a Student subscription.  I went to https://www.spotify.com/us/student/.  When I clicked "Get Premium", it took me to https://www.spotify.com/us/account/subscription/.  How do I sign up for the discount!

Thanks for the help!

227 Replies

Hi,

I'm a Swedish student currently writing by Bachelor thesis in the U.K. I want to sign up for Spotify student, but didn't manage to do so since my account is currently setup on UK, and my student card is Swedish. When I try to change the country, it says that I cannot because I'm currently in the U.K. Please assist on how I sort this out?

Many Thanks!
Lisa

I switched to student discount and I was charged twice $4.99 and I see my account is still working .

Will I get refunded for the $10 that was charged to my account? I switched over to the student membership

Please fix this. This thread is long and full of issues. Why should you have to "cancel" a subscription to receive a discount or to upgrade to Family? It is counter intuitive to the end user and creates a lot of confusion (obviously). I have entered my CC info, I have an account. I signed up for a discount that never took (See original post from 2014 from GeordiD). I have been paying for a Premium account for months. Why would you make your customers cancel a plan an reenter CC info in order to get a discount or upgrade? It is very confusing and counter to how the majority of subscription services operate. I think that you can do better for your customers. I do enjoy your product, and thank you for enhancing my day.

So i have recieved the information saying that i have received a student discount but whay about all this time i have been charged incorrectly? And now its asking for my card to charge me another 5$ i just do not understand why you guys removed my student discount then make me jump through hoops to reverify then asked to make me pay again this sucks. It bugs me i am getting ripped off after paying for spotify for 2 accounts same card but for my wife everything was super easy but for me its just a pain to get things straight losing money getting overcharged for months. And yes USA

So i have recieved the information saying that i have received a student discount but whay about all this time i have been charged incorrectly? And now its asking for my card to charge me another 5$ i just do not understand why you guys removed my student discount then make me jump through hoops to reverify then asked to make me pay again this sucks. It bugs me i am getting ripped off after paying for spotify for 2 accounts same card but for my wife everything was super easy but for me its just a pain to get things straight losing money getting overcharged for months. And yes USA and now it wint even submit this message great love it...

I

So i have recieved the information saying that i have received a student discount but whay about all this time i have been charged incorrectly? And now its asking for my card to charge me another 5$ i just do not understand why you guys removed my student discount then make me jump through hoops to reverify then asked to make me pay again this sucks. It bugs me i am getting ripped off after paying for spotify for 2 accounts same card but for my wife everything was super easy but for me its just a pain to get things straight losing money getting overcharged for months. And yes USA and now it wont even submit this message great love it...

I switched to student discount but was still charged the full premium price?

Sara derossett

I had the student discount, I'm still a student and got charged the full 9.99 on my card.

Is this offer only available for students in the US? I'm from Australia and I'm broke, I need this discount 😭😭

How much is the student discount

That would entail losing all of your music from the old account, correct? If so, is it even really worth it?

I must know before I put my card on Spotify how the student discount is charged. Will I be charged 4.99 each month or 60.00 at once for the twelve month subscription?

How to canceled the charge

How to cancelled the charge

I was signed up for the Student version for 4.99 but my last bill was 9.99. I didn't receive any email to say my student subscription was expiring, as it says I should on the website. My student card is still valid and I want to convert it back to the 4.99 student subscription without signing up for a new subscription. When I visit my account Subscription and payment page and click 'update details' it says it will be 4.99 and I can update my payment card.

Can I get some help with this? I don't want to pay twice for this month and I want my £5 back!

Hi. I'm already signed up for Student Discount but I was charged the full price this month. 

When I go to type in my University, no universities drop down as an option. Even a single letter brings up no options. I also tried clicking on "manually verify", but it came up with a blank page.

Am I doing something wrong? I have already cancelled my subscription and am trying to purchase the student discount premium subscription. Thanks.

Suggested posts