Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Switch to Student Discount

Switch to Student Discount

Hello, I have a $10 Spotify Premium subscription right now, but I'd like to switch to a Student subscription.  I went to https://www.spotify.com/us/student/.  When I clicked "Get Premium", it took me to https://www.spotify.com/us/account/subscription/.  How do I sign up for the discount!

Thanks for the help!

227 Replies

Hi my I currently have a premium membership and I am a student but I want to switch to the student discount but when I try I keep getting asked to input a new card is there another way to get around that? Because I want to use the card the same card of file...

Hello, I currently disconnected my premium coz I want to switch to Student discount but everytime I want to avail the discount it always pop up that I cant avail the student discount. (See attach photo)

20180301_083512.jpg

Hey I paid for student discount spotify premium but I cant log in to my university's domain, how can I cancel the payment?

Hey @Gretga

Did you get an email receipt from Spotify for your subscription purchase?

If you didn't get any email receipt, sometimes the amount gets 'on hold' even if the charge doesn't go through. Normally the amount gets back to your bank account a day or two later.

Hope it helps. 🙂

osorniosSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Today, I paid for the Student Discount and Spotify withdrawal the money from my account. But when I view my subscription, it says I'm subscribed to the "FREE" version and I have no access to any premium features.

Hey @mitch_mj

Did you get an email receipt from Spotify for your subscription purchase?

In it, it shows the Spotify username you paid for:

Username/ID:        xxxxxxx

Logout of the app, and be sure to use it, instead of your email address, to login to your account. It's the one with the Premium features.

If you didn't get any email receipt, sometimes the amount gets 'on hold' even if the charge doesn't go through. Normally the amount gets back to your bank account a day or two later.

Hope it helps. 🙂

osorniosSpotify Star

Never mind. They refunded me since they could not find my name registered at my future college. Thanks though!

@mitch_mj

No prob. Be sure to apply again once you start your classes. 🙂

osorniosSpotify Star

Suggested posts