Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

This track is unavailable, if you have the file on your computer you can import it

Solved!

This track is unavailable, if you have the file on your computer you can import it

I don't own, nor have I downloaded the musc in questions (for the record I'm trying to play I See Stars).  Yet I am being told that This track is not available. If you have the file on your computer you can import it.  I have  unchecked  all the local locations in preferences on my two computers and logged out of every computer/IOS device using this account.

Further confusing is that this is the first time I have ever heard of this band and would in no way have their music on my computer.  Also confusing is that unchecking the local locations in preferences seems to work as music I do have in itunes is not being synced.

Any idea?  I was about to reup my premium after I untired this **bleep** from Facebook, but this is making me thing twice.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

I believe that all you need to do is delete local files cache. To do so, go to %appdata% roaming spotify users you and delete localfiles file (spotify must be off), turn on again and all works normal.

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

I fixed this problem by disabling my local files.. I had the song I was unable to play on my PC and someone it interfered.

So, just disable all of your local files in Settings and then try again. (I also removed the actual song from my PC but I don't think that's necessary)

Happy listening!

View solution in original post

63 Replies

It is possible the content you are trying to listen to has been removed from Spotify.

Would you be able to post:

- Your country

- A link to the track/album? (Right click > Copy Spotify URI > Paste here).

And we can check it out.

Thanks!

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

USA

spotify:track:5XRudtFV1XrzVETUVuJbZc

Hello!

I did a lookup on that track using Spotifys metadata API and what i could see was that this song doesn't seem to be available at the time anywhere. Hopefully it will be available soon again.

What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?

Check album availability here

Working fine for me. 

I can see the album the track is on is currently only available in the following country codes:

AD AR AT BE CH DE DK EE ES FI FR GB GR HK IE IS IT LI LT LU LV MC MX MY NL NO PL PT SE SG TR TW

I See Stars – New Demons

Peter

When i lookup up the album i get the same countries as you. But when i only look up the track i get none.

What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?

Check album availability here

Each different version of the album will have a different URI for the track. The version I was using is:

http://ws.spotify.com/lookup/1/?uri=spotify:track:0OJgwzkF5TD4hhbP6La4dQ

Peter

what about Dillion francis&Dj snake-Get low

@ark44 

If you get a track not available message when playing the song, it is likely that the artist has blocked it in your country.

The availability of music on Spotify is up to the artist and their music label.
Spotify has no control over what content is available.

Sometimes it is only available in certain countries, while access is blocked to others.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

I'm having the same problem, error "This track is unavailable, if you have the file on your computer you can import it".

This error is received everytime I try to listen to one of Spotify's playlists under the "Genre & Moods". Every single playlist under the "Chill" and "Focus" categories are unavailable to me.  

The error doesn't stop there, however. Old playlists I've created as throwing off the same annoying error.

Anyone have any idea what's going on?  I have a premium subscription, trying to listen from my Windows desktop.

Thanks!

Having the same problem very very fustrating

same thing here , not a single song is working on this Desktop , but on my laptop everything seems to work just fine

SAME HERE !!

Almost half of my files are not working!

I hope this is only a temporary server problem of spotify !?

OK, it works now. Seems that this was a temporary partial server outage.

Im having the issue on my desktop at work, ive been off and on premium (currently on premium) for over 2.5 years now and ive never encountered this issue.  It happens on my playlist, it happens when i try Genre/Mood playlist, EVERYTHING prety much does not play on my desktop.  BUT my desktop at home works fine and also the web player plays everything as well.  Ive logged out, logged in, verified everything was the same, ive never changed anything in the settings besides the crossfade for songs and posting to FB every so often.  

same thing here , not a single song is working on my laptop but it works on my samsumg galaxy v

I fixed it, but the solution was painful.

Go to your account/ offline devices and click removed... and without reinstall your Spotify in your laptop/desktop, the annoyng pop up is gone. 

Thus, it looks like a bug to me, related to the sync feautrues between devices.

The thing I don't grasp is why -in my experience and other cases- the issue only appears on my windows app, my android phone, tab and the internet browser have always worked ok.

Cheers,

I have the same issue on my work (windows) PC, at first I could play all my own songs, but any playlist I tried didnt do anything, when opened the list and tried to put 'play' on a song got this error msg. 

It works on my samsung galaxy s6 without any issues and also in the web-player. 

Tried to uninstall and re-install- this ended up making songs under my music unavailable too. 

Tried to remove offline devices and repeat, but the issue remains.

Super annoyed.

Suggested posts