Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Unable to log in (error code 404)

Solved!

Unable to log in (error code 404)

Hello. 

I'm trying to log in to my account on Spotify. However it states the error code: 404 - unable to log in. 
It says Spotify is possibly blocked by my firewall. But I used Spotify for years... ? 

Please help. 

Last.fm: RockYourSocksxX
Not a shred of evidence exists in favor of the idea that life is serious.
• Brendan Gill
124 Replies

It didn't work for me

Had the same problem... error code 404...

but I had registred a Spotify account with the same email as I had in Facebook... so when Facebook prompted access to Facebook I removed the access to my facebook mail and then it worked!

guys,

Just log out from the facebook, create a new password and then login to spotify, with username and password option, with FB credentials. it will work

Amit

I can't log in with my Facebook, it's maybe the third time that i'm looking for a help, but nothing helps me! I have a premium account with my dad and brother, my dad is loosing money because I can't use my Spotify! Nothing helps, any solution! I want a ANSWER NOW! IF THIS PROBLEM KEEP, I'LL LEAVE SPOTIFY FOREVER! If SPOTIFY CAN'T HELP ME, THEN, JUST SAY IT TO ME, I'LL TRY TO MAKE SOMETHING. I DON'T WANT TO BE THREATED AS A IDIOT! I WAN'T ALL OF MY PLAYLISTS, ALL OF THEM, INCLUDING THE NON-COLABORATIVE!

My email if you want to have a talk with me: caiomm2010@hotmail.com

Marked as solution

Please make sure that you dont have the same pronlem as I had.

The email on facebook was the same as a the one I already had registred as a account on Spotify. So when trying to log in I guess it became a problem.

I solved it by edit what kind of information Spotify received from Facebook and then unchecked email. Then it worked!

This is FINALLY what solved my problem. I tried everything else listed on this thread and nothing else worked! Thank you!

Hey there, I'm having this exact issue, will you please expand a little bit on how you fixed the error? Can't seem to solve this issue.

Well, when logging in with facebook there is a button where you may edit what type of information Spotify will receive from your facebook account. Press on that one and then uncheck that Spotify will receive your Facebook e-mail.

Does this make sense:) ?

THANK YOU - I tried unchecking my email and it worked after trying absolutely everything else!  You are the greatest help!  I never would have thought of this! 

Hey, I haven't been able to solve my problem, would you please specify what you did?

Hi guys!
I have had this problem multiple times now. If you just login with your username instead of your e-mail, then the app opens again. Hope this helps!

does not work

Thank you, i got in!

SOLUTION :
Just uncheck the Mail dot in the Sharing Option (Facebook settings for applications) and try to login in Spotify after. It worked for me!

at 13:02, May 15:
Hey there! Thanks for contacting Spotify Support. You're chatting with Vic M.
Vic M
 at 13:03, May 15:
I can definitely help you get back to your Spotify account. No worries 🙂
 Vic M
 at 13:04, May 15:
Checking backstage, I saw your account was created through Facebook.
  Vic M
 at 13:04, May 15:
This means that you use your Facebook credentials to log in to your Spotify account.
 Vic M
 at 13:05, May 15:
Any changes on your password should be done through your Facebook account.
 You
 I have tried that
 it says Error: 404
Vic M
You can reset your Facebook account password here.

I also tried that
Vic M
 at 13:06, May 15:
I see. Have you tried resetting your Facebook password in a private/incognito window?
 You
 at 13:06, May 15:
 yes
Vic M
 at 13:07, May 15:
So this means you can't log in to Facebook either?
 You
 at 13:07, May 15:
 I can log into facebook
Vic M
 at 13:08, May 15:
You are logging in to Spotify using the LOG IN WITH FACEBOOK button, right?
 Vic M
 at 13:09, May 15:
Then you're entering your Facebook account login?
 You
 at 13:09, May 15:
  yes
 Vic M
 at 13:10, May 15:
And even resetting your Facebook account password and typing in the new Facebook log in details won't work?
 You
 at 13:10, May 15:
 I have reset my password
You
  I am not resetting it again
Vic M
 at 13:11, May 15:
It's okay. I'm not going to ask you to. I'm just confirming that you have tried that and it still doesn't work, right?
 You
 at 13:11, May 15:
  yes
Vic M
 at 13:12, May 15:
Well if it's okay with you, I can just let you create a new Spotify account that is not linked with Facebook.
  Vic M
 at 13:12, May 15:
I can transfer music and playlists from one account to another, so you don’t lose any of that awesome catalog you’ve been building.
 Vic M
 at 13:13, May 15:
I can even let you use the same email address r********il.com for you to create a new account.
 You
 at 13:13, May 15:
 how do i know this wont happen again and i will have to make another account again
  i would like to know why i cant log into my account
 how do i unlink my facebook
Vic M
 at 13:16, May 15:
Error 404 is a temporary login error when you're account is created through Facebook.
  Vic M
 at 13:17, May 15:
Because you created your Spotify account via Facebook, you can't use it without that Facebook account being active.
  Vic M
 at 13:17, May 15:
This means that if you unlink your Facebook account to your current account, you won't be able to log in to that account anymore.
 You
 at 13:18, May 15:
 so how do i fix this
You
 at 13:19, May 15:
 or do i cancel my subscription?
Vic M
 at 13:20, May 15:
Like what I've mentioned earlier, we can try creating a new account for you. I'll do most of the work, I just need for you to do a few things and that's it.
Your new account will have a username/password type of login instead of using the LOG IN WITH FACEBOOK button.
 You
 at 13:21, May 15:
 and i told you I did hthis
 i am not creating another account
Vic M
 at 13:22, May 15:
You can try reinstalling Spotify app. It's not a guaranteed fix but you can try it out.

Hey am not able to log into my account code 404 ahhh

ACTUAL SOLUTION

go into Spotify web browser and edit your profile. Change email to another random email that you have (spam maybe) and use that for login. Fill out rest of the account update and save. Go to the Spotify app and it should work. Hope this helps

The same thing is happing to me

It still says error 404

Hi can you help me I have the same problem when I try to log in on FB from app on phone.

Suggested posts