Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Unable to log in (error code 404)

Solved!

Unable to log in (error code 404)

Hello. 

I'm trying to log in to my account on Spotify. However it states the error code: 404 - unable to log in. 
It says Spotify is possibly blocked by my firewall. But I used Spotify for years... ? 

Please help. 

Last.fm: RockYourSocksxX
Not a shred of evidence exists in favor of the idea that life is serious.
• Brendan Gill
124 Replies

I've had this problem for weeks now and Spotify is absolutely no help. I emailed them and they said to me was go to Spotify community and that obviously didn't help because they haven't answered of the previous users with this same issue. Spotify must really not want anyone to recommend their app. Pandora and Amazon music work just fine for me so I guess I will just use them if Spotify can't seem to help me.

Same issue here

Same issue. Very frustrated with Spotify and their "customer service".

I fixed it lol, I cancel my subscription and went with Apple

This has been happening since I got my account upgraded to Premium... so far it's been a waste of money -- has this been fixed?

Hola,alguien mas le pasa que no puede escuchar nada de musica? Ni premiun,ni de lusta predefinida ni albunes ni con conexion y sin conexion,Nada!!! Menuda mierda de servicio,lastima de dinero!

Try changing / resetting your password, and see if you can log in now.

osorniosSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

I've tried to reset my password on both my Mac and cell and it will not let me. When I try to reset the password on my phone my keyboard doesn't come up. When using my Mac the link that is sent doesn't work.

@Macardi

Get in touch with customer support through this link:

https://support.spotify.com/contact-spotify-support/

They'll help you out. They take, at the most, 24 hrs to get back to you.

Don't forget to check your spam folder for responses as they may end up there.

If you get an automated email directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to support@spotify.com and one of the customer services agents will get back to you.

Alternatively, if you prefer support via Twitter, you can tweet @SpotifyCares.

osorniosSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

I am having the same problem. Can't login.

It's weird that Matt Suda's post would be marked as the "Solution" since he's just saying he'll report it if it keeps happening.

It's still happening. It never. Stops. Happening. I accidentally made a ridiculous throwaway username a million years ago and I'd like to just log in using Facebook. But I can't. A lot of people can't. Report it and let's see if we can't fix it.

Still having the same problem

Someone in my family sharing has the same problem, tried to reinstall spotify, tried generating an app password via facebook and used that instead of facebook login, but still no solution.

What the **bleep** is wrong?

I found that if I tried to log in using wifi instead of using data that it worked.

Still having problems 😕 and I've deleted the app and redownloaded it. This is only happening on my phone though.

Hello!
I have this problem too and can't find the solution. When I try to log in it says that my username already has an authorized account and it does not let me sign in. When I click on Facebook, it gives me error 404. Help! Thanks!

I found that if I signed in using WIFI instead of data is finally worked.

Christy

I found that if I signed in using WIFI instead of data is finally worked.

Christy

It still not work. I login in so many times. I even deleted the app and reinstall again.

I'm so sorry to hear that. I wish I had another solution for you

Suggested posts