Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Unable to log in (error code 404)

Solved!

Unable to log in (error code 404)

Hello. 

I'm trying to log in to my account on Spotify. However it states the error code: 404 - unable to log in. 
It says Spotify is possibly blocked by my firewall. But I used Spotify for years... ? 

Please help. 

Last.fm: RockYourSocksxX
Not a shred of evidence exists in favor of the idea that life is serious.
• Brendan Gill
124 Replies

I'm trying to make one for my wife, but I've been getting this error for a month now...

Hey @hockeymanjardin,

A month is too much. You should fill out the contact form, and someone from Spotify will be happy to help you within 24 hrs. Don't forget to check your spam folder for responses as they may end up there.

If you get an automated email directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to support@spotify.com and one of the customer services agents will get back to you.

osorniosSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

I have had the same issue logging in

I'm having the same issue and I don't know what to do about it please help me.

Mines still not working!!!! 😡😡😡

I had this same problem. You need to make sure that you are entering your username and password into the login field rather than your email address and password! It should then work. (No idea about the Facebook issue though.)

Hi it isn't working for me either. Please help me fix it.

Hey @Roblesthoo,

If you created your Spotify account using your Facebook login information, ensure you’re entering the same email address and password you use to access Facebook.

Note: If you’ve forgotten your Facebook password, follow the instructions here.

Otherwise, ensure you enter the correct Spotify username and password.

Note: If you’ve forgotten your Spotify password, follow the instructions here.

Hope it helps. 🙂

osorniosSpotify Star

So is there a quick way to fix the 404 error?

I'm getting this repeatedly on my new iPad. Works fine elsewhere. What's the best way to solve it.?! 

Me too! I'm dying to use Spotify but error codes are the only thing I ever see.

Can't log in via facebook or email even after changing passwords.i have recently changed countries and can't make a new log in as I'm still getting deducted off other account. Help please,cheers

Hey @vvjvito

You could to create a new account with a different email address from the one you use for Facebook. That will give you a new Spotify username of your choice.

Once you have this new account, fill out the contact form, and someone from Spotify will be happy to help you migrate your Premium privileges, library, playlists, friends, etc. to this new account. With it, you'll be able to login with your new Spotify username.
osorniosSpotify Star

i can't log in!!! it says error:404

So when I clicked "login using facebook" on my iphone, it would take me to the facebook page which would say that Spotify is already authorized (or similar), and then would return me to Spotify and after a while it would fail with the 404 error.

If however instead I plugged my facebook credentials (login/password)  into the Spotify app (instead of clicking "login using facebook"), it logged in just fine. 

user: itszemman

cant connect.. just bought a new iphone and re downloaded the app 4 tmes and still keep says error 404 when I try to log in and connect with facebook. I try to just log in manually and just tells me that my email address is already registered to spotify (no **bleep**, why do you think im logging in). Please help.. I need somebody.. help... not just anybody.. help.. you know i need someone... help......

userrnmae hbourque1@aol.com

I can't log in

When logging on to customer support, this message pops up:

"We’re aware of some issues right now and are checking them out! We’ll keep you posted."

Posted at 2016-10-21 16:10 GMT

Hope they fix it soon - it's Friday, weekend, and I need my music! ^^

IM having the same problem my user is acho.ayala.maas@gmail.com

My father had the same issue. It seems the only way I was able to allow him access to his account again was through changing the password from the email account he signed up with. However, for some reason doing this wiped all his personal playlists. He still has playlists from other users though.

Suggested posts