Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Unlinking Spotify account from old PSN account

Unlinking Spotify account from old PSN account

Hello!

I would like to unlink my Spotify account from my old PSN account, which I currently have no way to access(forgot the E-Mail address which it is asigned to). I have a new PSN account, which I would really like to use Spotify on, but it isn't possible since the accounts are still linked. 

Thanks in advance, and please don't hesitate do ask for more details.

6 Replies

Literaly the exact same problem I'm having

has solved the problem?

Solution:

1. Log-in to your old PSN account
  2. Open up Spotify from old PSN account
  3. On the top right corner of Spotify select your account user name and choose Log Out
  4. After logging out from old PSN account you are able to Link spotify with new PSN

@Fistsharted wrote:

Hello!

I would like to unlink my Spotify account from my old PSN account, which I currently have no way to access(forgot the E-Mail address which it is asigned to). I have a new PSN account, which I would really like to use Spotify on, but it isn't possible since the accounts are still linked. 

Thanks in advance, and please don't hesitate do ask for more details.

RESOLVED!!!

I had this exact same issue where my spotify account was mysteriously linked to a PSN account.  After going back and forward with Sony, I messaged @SpotifyCares on twitter and they sorted it out after I explained.

They unlinked my email address from my spotify account which freed it up for me to create a new account with the same email.  I then gave them my new account details and they transfered all my playlists back - took about half an hour all up.

I'd been bashing my head against the wall for weeks on this, so happy 🙂

Screenshots from the chat attached

gold.PNG

But what if you was hack

Hey Folks!

Other than creating a new account as the screenshot shows, if you don't have access to the old PSN account, the folks at @AskPlayStation via Twitter can give you a hand.

They'll be able to remove the link between the old PSN and Spotify. You shouldn't have any trouble linking it to your new PSN after that.

All the best.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”
― Maria Augusta von Trapp

Suggested posts