Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Someone linked their PlayStation Network to my Spotify account

Solved!

Someone linked their PlayStation Network to my Spotify account

I was trying to link my Spotify account to my PlayStation Network and it said that someone already had done so, I tried to unlink it from my Apps tab in my account settings and I did but it didn’t work, can someone help me figure this out?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @jorgerinconve22,

Thanks for reaching out. Welcome to the community!

First up, I'd recommend checking with your family and friends to make sure someone you know didn't log into the Spotify app on their PlayStation device, using your Spotify account. If they did, you can log out by opening the Spotify app on their PlayStation, selecting your Spotify account from the top right of the screen, then selecting "Log out".

If you think someone else might have gained access to your account, I'd recommend checking out the "My account's been taken over" support article for what to do next to secure your account.

Note: The Sign Out Everywhere button on your Spotify account page will not sign you out of PlayStation. The Spotify support team is also not able to manually unlink Spotify and PlayStation accounts.

To unlink your Spotify account from a PlayStation account that you don't have access to, you'll need to get in touch with the PlayStation support team via the @AskPlayStation account on Twitter or via the PlayStation support site. They should be able to remove the link between the unauthorized PlayStation account and your Spotify account.

Let me know if you have any questions. Have a great day 🙂

NoahSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Marked as solution

Hey @jorgerinconve22,

Thanks for reaching out. Welcome to the community!

First up, I'd recommend checking with your family and friends to make sure someone you know didn't log into the Spotify app on their PlayStation device, using your Spotify account. If they did, you can log out by opening the Spotify app on their PlayStation, selecting your Spotify account from the top right of the screen, then selecting "Log out".

If you think someone else might have gained access to your account, I'd recommend checking out the "My account's been taken over" support article for what to do next to secure your account.

Note: The Sign Out Everywhere button on your Spotify account page will not sign you out of PlayStation. The Spotify support team is also not able to manually unlink Spotify and PlayStation accounts.

To unlink your Spotify account from a PlayStation account that you don't have access to, you'll need to get in touch with the PlayStation support team via the @AskPlayStation account on Twitter or via the PlayStation support site. They should be able to remove the link between the unauthorized PlayStation account and your Spotify account.

Let me know if you have any questions. Have a great day 🙂

NoahSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts