Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Unsubscribe from emails

Solved!

Unsubscribe from emails

Can someone PLEASE tell me how to unsubscribe from Spotify's email list? I continually get emails from this **bleep** company and there is no way to get them to stop sending them. I've tried everything and their emails just won't stop.

147 Replies

Yes, Spotify has obviously fixed some bug on their end as this is now functional.  Between the complete and total lack of response from the ticket that I filed to the, "It works for me!", response here in this thread, I'm amazed Spotify retains any customers.

Music is the drug.

(They did indeed fix it, btw. Yay.)

Hi, I have the same problem. Everytime I try to click the 'deactivate' button at the bottom of the emails I recieve, it links me to a page saying that I am successfully deactivitated. However, even the same day I get more emails from Spotify. Don't mind Spotify, just can't handle the constant email barrage. Please turn off emails to my account as well, I don't know what else to try. Thank you.

Hi Foxeify12 - Have you made sure all notifications are set to 'Never' on your Edit Profile page: https://www.spotify.com/account/profile/

I'd also make sure 'Please send me Spotify news by e-mail' isn't checked. 

I went to Overview page, tried to login with Spotify and was told I was using Facebook.

Went back to login with Facebook, got to my acount page and still couldn't find a way to unsubscribe.

I checked on the method by Richard, which led me to send a help message.

All I got back was a non-answer to look here(see below).

It appears that Spotify is set up to frustrate everyone.

Hi there,

Thanks for getting in touch.

If you have a question about Spotify, your first stop should be the Spotify Community http://community.spotify.com/ for support from other users. This is also a great place to read up on any company updates that might affect your service as well as posting your own ideas and feedback.

Then check out our Help pages http://www.spotify.com/help/overview/. The FAQs contain solutions to the most common queries and guides on how to use Spotify's features.

You can also now follow or Tweet our Spotify Customer Service Team @Spotifycares for all things Spotify.

We're sure that these solutions will help you with your query. Remember that we'll keep you in the loop on any major service updates via our Twitter: 
https://twitter.com/#!/spotifystatus @Spotifystatus

Kind regards,
Spotify Customer Service Team

@1235925984 wrote:

I went to Overview page, tried to login with Spotify and was told I was using Facebook.

Went back to login with Facebook, got to my acount page and still couldn't find a way to unsubscribe.

Hi there, 

When you sign into your profile page (I've attached a link the post above) you should see a section that looks like this. You can edit those notification settings and then select 'Save Profile'. 

Screen Shot 2012-11-21 at 18.36.15.png

Why it is possible to make second account by not knowing about it?!?! You guys should realy change that thing.. And i did everything you told me and i hope that those emails stop now. But lets see...

how do i remove my bank card

Madeleine_bolge - Just hear here... https://www.spotify.com/account/subscription/change-payment/

And click 'Remove payment method'. They should then be deleted.
-------

Check out how we're doing over @SpotifyStatus

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?

Stop emailing me. Stop emailing me. Holy crap stop emailing me. I have never used Spotify. I have hit Unsubscribe at least seven times. I have emailed customer service three times. Stop emailing me. Stop emailing me. Stop emailing me. 

HATE Spotify!!!

I keep getting their stupid emails "This week's new music"

I unsubscribe every time. I get you have been "unsubscribed" and then a few days later I get a new email! And the cycle repeats!

I click report as spam every time to gmail.

@YourMom wrote:

HATE Spotify!!!

I keep getting their stupid emails "This week's new music"

I unsubscribe every time. I get you have been "unsubscribed" and then a few days later I get a new email! And the cycle repeats!

I click report as spam every time to gmail.

Hey! Welcome to the community 🙂 

Do you normally log in using a Spotify username and password, or using Facebook? It sounds like you might have accidentally made a duplicate account which is getting emails. I would suggest you have a read at this post to see if the steps help.

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Stopmailingme & YourMom - You shouldn't receive anymore emails.

For people having similar issues, can you please check that email notifications are switched off here.

-------

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?

My settings say that I don't recieve email notifications when Facebook friends join spotify but I still get emails every time.

Nateashcroft - You shouldn't get any more. If you do, let us know.
-------

Who's your Spotify Star?

What is the point of having an unsubscribe link at the bottom of the emails when it DOESN'T WORK?  This is incredibly agravating.

But wait, it gets better...

So I decide to log in to my account and unsubscribe myself.  I go to "Edit your profile" and uncheck the "" checkbox (as well as change the email notifications to never).  Click SAVE PROFILE and get the error message, "Another account is already registered with this email address."

Yes, I know... that MY account you moronic pile of silicon!  AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I hate you Spotify.

- Paul

sparkmedia - Appears you had two accounts linked to your email address. Fixed this now, and you shouldn't get any more emails.
Airhorn Enthusiast

Hi,

Just like several users above, I continually get emails from spotify.  I've unsubscribed at least 20 times, and have set my email preferences to no emails and still get emails.

I've also contacted support twice only to be forwarded to twitter and have not received a personal reply.

Please help me get my email off your list, thanks.

Les

Just let me know what info you need to do this.

I have used the unsubscribe link and went to ur site to unsubscribe at least five times over the past year. IT DOES NOT WORK!!!!!!!!!!! PLEASE UNSUBSCRIBE ME!!!

If you are still getting emails after setting all the preferences to "Never" in your online profile, then you most likely have created a duplicate account. Have a read at Meredith's post here.

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Suggested posts