Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Upgraded to Familiy Premium but can`t add my 9 year old daughter

Upgraded to Familiy Premium but can`t add my 9 year old daughter

Hello!

I just upgrades my premium account to family premium so thta both my wife an my daughter can use spotify simultaniously while I use it, too. At least that was the idea. My daugther will turn 9 tomorrow and get an own tablet. She often listens to spotify using my account on my tablet and smartphone. Same with my wife. I thought a change to familiy premium would be a good idea. I switched accounts this morning. Now i am realising that it is not possible to register my daughter because of her age!

What's the sense in booking a family account when you can't add your children?

4 Replies

Hey @ursuspiscator,

I would just enter a different date of birth. For example, you could use your DOB or the DOB of your wife.

Hope this helps!

MaximSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hello @Maxim

this is a solution I already head in mind - thanks anyway!

But seriously this cannot be the right solution since it is scam, isn`t it?

What's the official solution, spotify?

It's not really a "scam", as I believe that you would be the one managing/owning the account. Your daughter would just use the account.

MaximSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

I have to register a free acount for my daughter in order to let her accept the invitation to use the family account with this free account. While registering a new free account I am forced to type in wrong data?

Obviously I am still the one paying for and managing the family (premium) account but my daughter would get an unlimited premium account within my family account.

Maybe I am allowed to create a second free account using another E-Mail-Account. I'll try this - Thanks

Suggested posts