Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

What would i need to get to transfer songs to a thumb drive to listen in the car?

What would i need to get to transfer songs to a thumb drive to listen in the car?

i currently have the free Spotify account- but am interested in upgrading. I also have a Rhapsody account and get unlimited downloads every month for $10. I then am able to move the songs to itunes, and copy them to a thumb drive to play in my car. Can anyone tell me if this is possible with Spotify? If so, which membership, and what is the cost (since I'm not in Sweden, but rather the USA). I should also mention that I'm on an imac.

thanks, teresa

3 Replies

It sounds like your car stereo is the device reading a music file from the thumb drive. In this case, it is not possible to do what you described.

Spotify does not offer any free music downloads. A premium user has "Offline playlists" that can only be played with a Spotify application on mobile or a computer.

hmmmmm... thanks for the amazingly quick response. you're correct that I listen to my music from a thumb drive connected to a USB port in my car (the best feature of my honda civic!). So, I wouldn't be able to do this at all with Spotify? I guess I need to continue using Rhapsody (darn...). I had thought the Premium account may be a good alternative. Teresa

Get a micro usb drive or an adapter. Load your Spotify files to it. Play them in your car with bluetooth. This way you dont fill your phone with Spotify files.

Suggested posts