Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Why is Spotify unable to validate my student details for the student discount?

Why is Spotify unable to validate my student details for the student discount?

I am a Spotify user about to go to college.  I am currently subscribed to a Premium subscription, but would like to receive the student discount.  After clicking "Get Premium" on https://www.spotify.com/us/student/, I entered my card information, and on the next page entered my student information.  After clicking "Continue" on that last page however, I received an error saying "We were unable to validate your student details. Please check your status and try again."  

All of the information I put in was correct, why isn't this working?

6 Replies

Hey @mochimaster555,

Since you're already Premium, try using this site to validate:

https://spotify.sheerid.com/

If it succeeds, when you log back in your Spotify account, and look under the subscription tab the price will change to $4.99 for your upcoming renewal date.

osorniosSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Should I use my student email (@collegename.edu) or the one associated with my spotify account?

@mochimaster555

I would use the student email, and, if possible, change it in my Spotify account so it matches.

Let me know how it goes. 🙂

osorniosSpotify Star

So apparently I have to enroll in classes first (which will happen in a couple of weeks), so I will let you know until then.

I have now uploaded documents to the SheerID.  The subscription tab currently says I am in premium.  If and when the documents become reviewed succesfully, will it change to the 4.99 monthly subscription?

Edit: It worked!

Good to know it's all sorted now. 🙂

osorniosSpotify Star

Suggested posts