Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Would like to merge my Spotify account with my Spotify FB account - help!

Solved!

Would like to merge my Spotify account with my Spotify FB account - help!

Hi there,

I created a profile (username: Mojiot69) a couple of years back and have a subscription. Since then I enabled the app in Facebook, and now I seem to have two profiles live! The annoying thing is that my friends are following my Facebook account (Sophie Purnell) whilst most of my good playlists are on the Mojito 69 account. Can I merge the two please, so that I have access to all my playlists and so that I can follow my friends? Also, I'd rather the account username was just 'Sophie Purnell' rather than 'Mojito69' which is a silly name!

Many thanks for your help.

Soph

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

I just opened your profile and I can see your real name and Facebook image just fine. They replace the account username for people that are connected to Facebook. You seem to be connected to Facebook correctly.

If you're not seeing your picture or real name, it's a cache issue on your side - other users that have never looked at your profile before will only see Sophie Purnell, no mojitos anywhere.

View solution in original post

15 Replies

Hey Soph, as far as we can tell you've only got one account - with the username mojito69. That account is connected to your Facebook though so you should have the best of both worlds. Is it on that account that you're not seeing any Followers/friends?

--------------------------------------------------------------

For common support questions, see support.spotify.com.
To judge my musical taste, check out my last.fm.

Hi Adam,

It's on Mojito 69 that I'm following my friends, and it's on my FB account that friends are following me - which makes me think the two accounts are separate and they can't see the Mojito69 one.. 

And it's on my Mojito69 account that I have all my good playlists, whereas I'd prefer they were on my FB account - there are different playlists per account, really weird.

Can you possibly help me close down the Mojito69 one if I can't merge? If I was unable to merge the two I'd rather start from scratch, with a different username..  If you were able to merge could you change my useraname to Sophie Purnell?

Many thanks,

Sophie

What is your username (should be a bunch of numbers) on the Facebook account? To see it, log in to the website with your Facebook account and go here: https://www.spotify.com/account/overview/

Then, Spotify support needs to move the playlists from mojito69 to the new account with a bunch of numbers.

Thanks for your help 🙂 Frustratingly, it says 'Mojito69' as the username no matter how I try and log in..but then there's definitely a Sophie Purnell active too, with my FB photo! One of my friends is following me on both and questioned it, which is how I realised..

I don't know if this even remotely helps, but here's the link to my FB account: https://www.facebook.com/sossski?ref=tn_tnmn

Thanks!

Sophie

Hi Sophie,

After a feat of detective work worthy of Inspector Frost himself I have come across an old account which was once created through Facebook. This appears to be the account that your friends are following and contains your playlists.

Unfortunately, after your Facebook was connected to your current account (mojito69), the previous account became unusable.

Not to worry though, I have now transferred the playlists from that account over to your current one.

However, I'm afraid that this isn't possible with your followers, so you will need to ask you friends to start following your current account.

I hope this helps and if you have any questions, just let us know!

Best wishes,

Jamie

For Twitter support, find us at @SpotifyCares.

Follow me on Spotify.

Hi there,

This was wonderful detective work!!  Thank you 🙂  All good!  Do you think that you might be able to just change my username though to Sophie Purnell (in my Account it still says "Mojito69"...)??

Many thanks once again!

Soph

Marked as solution

I just opened your profile and I can see your real name and Facebook image just fine. They replace the account username for people that are connected to Facebook. You seem to be connected to Facebook correctly.

If you're not seeing your picture or real name, it's a cache issue on your side - other users that have never looked at your profile before will only see Sophie Purnell, no mojitos anywhere.

Brilliant, many thanks for your help.

Sophie 🙂

Hello there

I seem to have a similar problem to Soph- in that I have two accounts that I would like to merge.  One has a few playlists and the other has none.  One is under the user name dannimanzi and the other is under 1145191128.  I would really like to just have the one account. I've been trying to fix this tonight and now when my PC starts up and spotify comes on there are no playlists there anymore.  And I can't seem to find them on either account.  Is there anything you can do to help?  Both accounts should be using a hotmail account.  One account has a postcode listed and the other one doesn't.

Thank you,

Danni 

Danni - if you log in now using your username dannimanzi not your email address you should see all of your playlists. You won't immediately be able to edit them so you'll need to drag the contents of each into the '+ new playlist' tab to duplicate them. They'll then be editable again.

Feel free to also head into Preferences and click 'connect to Facebook' near the bottom if you wanted your account connected to Facebook.

That should get things set up nicely.

For common support questions, see support.spotify.com.
To judge my musical taste, check out my last.fm.

need help so I dot have to log in back and forth its a real pain.thanks

i

justmee - What are you having trouble with exactly?
-------

Check out how we're doing over @SpotifyStatus

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?

I am having problems trying to merge my accounts as well.  I have a Facebook account with the username 12124039585 and using the email address <snip>@mail.com.  So when I log in, it shows my picture and my full name, Kimberly Tran.  I also have a Spotify account with the username kimmietran with the email address <snip>@yahoo.com.  I tried the advice from the other forum by logging in using my Spotify account and connecting to Facebook, but it doesn't seem to work because I can still follow myself and my picture and name hadn't transfered.  I tried changing my Facebook email to match the Spotify email (<snip>@yahoo.com) to see if maybe the reason why it's not connecting is because the email addresses weren't identical, but that still didn't connect the two accounts and transfer the name and picture.  AND, I can still log in to Spotify using <snip>@gmail.com when both Spotify and Facebook weren't using it as a log in.  PLEASE HELP ME MERGE MY ACCOUNTS.  It's driving me crazy! I just want to keep my full name, picture, and be able to login with kimmietran instead of having to type in <snip>@gmail.com everytime. 

[Snip-Email(Privacy)-Peter]

Hey @kimmietran ! Welcome to the community 🙂

Firstly, I am just going to hide those email addresses so you don't get any spam.

If you could get in touch with the customer services team directly using the online contact form they can get those merged for you. The system won't let you merge accounts if there is already a Spotify account attached to those Facebook login details. 

If you get an automated email reply back directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to that email (even if its from no-reply) and one of the customer services agents will get back to you as soon as possible.

Alternatively, if you prefer support via Twitter, please tweet @SpotifyCares.

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

I already have my FB Account, but I buyed the premium and I created other account, and I would like to merge with my FB, how or who can help me here. 

Suggested posts