Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Wrong PSN account linked, cant unlink?

Solved!

Wrong PSN account linked, cant unlink?

My PC was still signed in with a friend's account and even though i entered my own email & pass in the final box my Spotify Account still got linked to his PSN account.

I've been trying for abit and there doesn't seem to be a logic way of unlinking. Anyone knows how i can?

Thanks.

103 Replies

This worked perfectly for me. Thank you very much! 

Fix: If your PSN accounts on the same PS4, switch to the account you are logged in on. The problem people are having is they are not closing Spotfiy app on the previous account. Hold down the ps4 button and close the Spotify app. Now reopen the app and log out. For whatever reason, switching to another ps4 account does not close open apps. 

I accidently linked mine to my sons account. The way to do it is to sighn out on each machine the delete Spotify on all machines log out of playstation. Log back in to PS4 then download Spotify sign in and it will link back up to your other devices iPhone, PC, iPad etc

Ok so I have used only spotify on my new PS4, have never linked it with another console.  It says I am linked on another account but when i try all the other accounts on my PS4 i get the same error.   This is frustrating as this app worked a couple months ago and suddenly stopped working 😞

"Fix: If your PSN accounts on the same PS4, switch to the account you are logged in on. The problem people are having is they are not closing Spotfiy app on the previous account. Hold down the ps4 button and close the Spotify app. Now reopen the app and log out. For whatever reason, switching to another ps4 account does not close open apps. "

THANK YOU!

No one was including this crucial step in their 'solutions'.

You guys at Spotify have a really horrible way of handling this glitch. A lot of us are not able to even get to the system that our account happens to be linked to, I like a lot of people made the mistake of logging onto Spotify on a now Ex friends PlayStation and apparently linked it in the process, now you're pretty much telling us the only way to in do this is to ask the person to unlink it!!?? This has got to be the most ridiculous solution to a horrible glitch I have ever seen, and from what I've seen your customer service on this matter is total crap! You guys really dropped the ball on this!

And yes I like pretty much everyone else here have tried the log out on all devices option multiple times with absolutely no success. This really needs to be fixed, and you guys pretty much ignoring this problem is really piss poor on your part. So glad I don't pay for your service and at this point I could never see myself doing so, especially if this is the type of customer service you provide!

Ok wtfffffff

Just signed up and spotify on ps4 is saying im logged abroad etc and failed

I CANNOT GET INTO THIS OTHER ACCOUNT TO LOG OUT FFS!!!
So there is still no way of unlinking my ps4 account so I can log in ??

Think I might just cancel my £9.99 subscription as that a fecking joke

Where is the solution to this problem? I really expected more from Spotify. It's very sad I have to cancel my subscription just because of this.

Try closing Spotify manually, worked for me. Apparently it stays open when
you switch accounts.

Are you kidding me? I pay for a premium account and I don't have control over it if someone links it with their ps4? The solution is to "tell them to log out"?

I haven't signed in to any other divice or psn/spotify account and spotify was still working a few minutes ago) The only thing I changed was the internetsettings on my PS4 from cable to WIFI and back (just to check our WIFI's speed). Since that time I can't login because of this reason.

The strange part however is that when I'm at the screen which says 'wrong PSN' account linked' I can remotely (by useing my phone) start the music on my playstation, so I'm logged in but can't get past this 'Wrong PSN account linked' screen... And the error doesn't make any scence at all because I own one PSN account and I have never ever signed in somewhere else and nobody has ever used my PS4... 

So I'm wondering if this 'wrong PSN account stuff' really is the problem, because I don't own any other account and it just stopped working out of the blue. 

All 'solutions' found below don't work in my situation... There should really be a much easier way to disconnect. Because if that's really the problem it would be solved in a minute... 

ive have created an new psn account cause i dont remember my old psn account password wich is linked with my spotify and now i cant listen to it on my new psn account there has to be a way i can unlink accounts from my spotify account 

This is a riot.  I am having the same problem.  I have two college degrees, and several technical certifications.  I'm doing it right..  they're doing it WRONG.

I have this problem too, but i dont even know where i used my Spotify account other than my own Ps3 system.. How the f*** am i supposed to figure that out?

I'm having the same problem too. The darn app can't even start on my ps4. It says "error connecting to the playstation network".

How the ffff can I log in with my old Spotify account if I asked you to delete it and you did so can I log out and finally use my current account eh?

The hell is wrong with you spotify???!!!

This isnt a solution so why does it say that the problem is solved? Ive only ever logged my spotify account to my PS4 and for some reason i have an error message, if sportify really cant give the owner of the subscription full power of their own account this company is a joke and i want my money back for the subscription. You would think that the owner has the power to log out of their own account at one click of a button, its so idiotic of spotify to not give us this power. My PS4 states that i have to log out of my spotfiy on the play station account its linked to even though i have never logged into my spotfiy account on any other system apart from my own as well as the fact i only have one playstation account. This is really irritating and frustrating and personally i feel let down by spotify in claiming they've found a unviable solution for some customers. 

FIX THIS ALREADY!!!!

Same problem here. I deleted my old PSN account because I forgot the password and no longer use that email address. I cant find any Customer service # so I can call and have a human resolve this on Spotifys end. I guess the solution is to cancel my premium subscription and find another provider. This is a fu*king joke!

I have the same problem with my Spotify account. That's ridiculous! I was thinking about paying for premium, but that changed my mind.

Suggested posts