Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Wrong country

Wrong country

Hi guys, I recently moved from Taiwan to El Salvador, I already updated my profile info to match my new country, in the section where you select the country of your account el salvador is already selected as default and greyed out, this is ok since that is the country im in right now but when i save the changes and go to my profile overview the country code still remiains in Taiwan (TW) and not El Salvador.

I also updated my premium payment details to a new paypal linked to a debit card issued in el salvador and when updating the information spotify effectively detected the new country for the my paypal account and changed to El Salvador but still the profile overview remains in TW and all the currencies in the promos (premium for family) appear in new taiwan dollars and not US dollars. Also when I log in to my spotiffy account in my pc and android i still get suggestions for taiwanese playlist and all see only chinese characters whic is really anoying; please help me fix this.

Untitled.png
Untitled1.png
5 Replies

Hey @Dkambei,

In this case, it's better to delete your payment info before changing countries. You will still be Premium until the remaining days of your subscription are used up. What I'm suggesting you to do is this:

1. Go to your Subscription page.

2. Click UPDATE DETAILS. If it shows below 'Would you like to cancel your subscription?' click there and cancel.

3. Check the box to 'Remove', and click 'Change' button,

Note: If you have your Premium active you won't be able to remove your payment info. That's why it's important to cancel before clicking UPDATE DETAILS.

After you've removed your payment info, change your country in profile, and resubscribe to Premium with the new payment info to ensure that your offline music won't be deleted and that your subscription will renew correctly when it's time.

Your payment method country must match your country in profile, and the country of your IP address.

Hope it helps. 🙂
osorniosSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Awesome, thank you very much @osornios; just one more question to make sure i dont loose my subscription; so by clicking "cancel subscription" I wont loose my remaining days correct? will i be charged until the current subscription runs out? because i just paid a full month today and wouldn't like to pay again for the service when i introduce the new payment details.

Thanks again 🙂

@Dkambei

Don't worry, your month is already paid up, so you will still be Premium until the remaining days of your current subscription are used up. You'll enter your payment details again, but you won't get charged until your next renewal date.

osorniosSpotify Star

Thank you very much for everything, at the end spotiffy direct line solved everything; i just had to reach out to them and describe my problem; they ended up changin the country from their end and now everything is in order, i didnt have to cancel my subscription or update my payment info all over again. Thanks you for your help tho, I'm sure I would have been able to solve the problem with your method as well.

You're welcome. Nice it's all sorted out now. 🙂

osorniosSpotify Star

Suggested posts