Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Wrong password

Solved!

Wrong password

It keeps telling me wrong password when I try to upgrade the account, even I am SURE the password is right, coz I logged out and logged in again successfully using the same password. Please !

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

I checked the settings in Chrome & I have JavaScript enabled. I'm still not able to subscribe - still getting the same error message.

It'd be good to get this fixed....

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

Hey *,

I'm trying to upgrade from Spotify Free to Premium, the page at https://www.spotify.com/de/get-spotify/go/premium/ asks for a password, yet I have no idea which. My Spotify Account is connected to Facebook so I tried using my FB password to no avail..

Any hints? Is it just broken right now?

Marked as solution

Hey Avu-- I've just moved your post to this more relevant thread.

Please try changing the Internet browser you're using. Then head over to Facebook and make sure you're completely logged out.

Then give it another try from your subscription page.

Marked as solution

I'm having the same problem. No matter what browser I'm using. Tried every solution I can think of.

Fix this asap...

Marked as solution

uraanimursu- I can see you were able to successfully upgrade to Premium today. What worked for you? A new browser or multiple tries?

stabler- Sounds as though you're having a different issue here. Are you trying to upgrade or simply sign into the Spotify app?

Please be sure you're using your 'stabler' username (not your email address). If the issue is logging into app, trying shutting down and reopening the app after the password change.

Marked as solution

thank you for moving!

and thx for the sugestions, but neither worked, unfortunatly....

Marked as solution

Hi causal- If you've already given changing your browser and logging out of Facebook a try, our contact form is the next step. 

I can see you've just opened a case with us. A response should be on its way to now. 

Marked as solution

@grusand wrote:

HI,

I don't remember my password and I don't have access to the email address I've submitted, so I can't get a new password. And obviously I can't change the email address to one that I actually have access to as I need to enter my password to be able to make that change. Catch 22. What to do? Luckily I can still log in through with my Facebook account.

All advices are appreciated.

Cheers!

Hey! Welcome to the community 🙂

You will need to get in touch with the customer services team directly using the online contact form and they will be able to assist you further with this.

If you get an automated email reply back directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to that email (even if its from no-reply) and one of the customer services agents will get back to you as soon as possible.

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

96 Replies

Hi Toloache--welcome to the Community! 

First of all, which browser are you using? Try changing to Chrome or Firefox if you're using another one such as Internet Explorer. 

I also recommend signing out of the Facebook website before you log into your subscription page--then give it another try. 

I use firefox, and did as you said, no solution, must be a major bug somehow. I am using upgrade link on the top right  next to the user name, it redirect to a new page that contains the choice of the service, i pick the $4.99 options, proceeding to confirm the order by type in the password. message shows wrong password!

I am getting this too using IE 9. (the only browser on my machine)

Wanted to try the premium service but this and other same issues with passwords trying to cancel the trials has left me with little confidence to do so.

Can someone at Spotify support please look into this and advise us when these password issues have been resolved.

Thanks

I´m getting this exact same thing right now and I´ve had problems with paying for spotify subscription ever since I first bought one, 25.8.2011. The first time I ever subscribed it worked fine, then when it was time for the subscription to renew I got an email telling me that my subscription couldn't be renewed due to failiure to charge my credit card. Oh well, I know there's nothing wrong with my credit card so I tried some different methods and then came to a solution that had been working for me untill now.

Whenever I needed to renew my subscription I went to the spotify account page and removed my payment method, then I clicked the 'upgrade to spotify unlimited' link and got prompted to choose how I wanted to pay for it. Then I chose the visa/master card/american express box and clicked continue. I wrote my card details and clicked continue again, this is when my web browser would just load for forever (like 5-10min or so), and then end up in giving me an error msg (something like the page couldn't be shown). What I then did was click refresh, and voila it suddenly accepted my payment method and that's how I´ve been paying for my subscription up untill now.

Now I´m just getting this silly 'wrong password' msg whenever I try to renew my subscription. I hope you can give me something to go on as soon as possible.

Account username: hymp

/Hymp

I have the same issue. I had a subcription under srusso88, than I quit for a month because I was canceling a credit card, Now I'm trying to reenroll in a premium subscription, and everytime I come to the payment screen where I choose whether I want to pay with a creditcard or paypal, it won't let me continue to type my credit card information because an error pops up saying "worng password, try again." Is Spotify being selective on who they have join? 

I have the same problem - and I'm using Chrome....

Same here....  I want to give you my money, why won't you take it, haha Smiley Very Happy

Same here.  I've been using free for several months and want to try premium.  I'm logged in so obviously I have the right password, but I'm getting the same message (wrong password) when I try to sign up for the trial.  I'm using Chrome.  I've tried logging out, emptying my cache/private data, closing my browser and starting over--no luck.  

I'm having the same problem! Really frustrating. Please help, Spotify.

Ps - I have tried in Firefox and Safari. I don't think the browers's the problem!

Hey guys,

Another thing you might want to try. Ensure that Javascript is turned on within your content settings. Below, I've taken a screenshot of how it looks within Google Chrome.

Another thing you could try is resetting your password. If you sign in with Facebook, then head over to Facebook's account settings, and click "Edit" in the Password row

Airhorn Enthusiast
Marked as solution

I checked the settings in Chrome & I have JavaScript enabled. I'm still not able to subscribe - still getting the same error message.

It'd be good to get this fixed....

Also got the same issue on Chrome and Safari. Trying to subscribe to premium and it comes up with the message "Sorry, Wrong Password"

JavaScript is enabled on both browsers and I know the password is correct because the account is logged in and I can see the account details. Also tried changing my password to no avail!

Same issue here. I've tried all the suggestions in this thread and using multiple browsers but I always get "Sorry, wrong password" when I try to select the payment method for the free trial.

I have the exact same problem, im using Chrome. with javascript turned on. 

Followed the mods instruction on the settings. using a facebook account, and try to unsubscribe.

- says im using wrong password , even though i just logged into facebook, and spotify client. 

Hi everyone, 

It appears we are doing bit of maintenance on our website so users are unable to upgrade at this time--this why you're all receiving the 'wrong password' message. 

You could all give it another in 24 hours--as soon as there's an update we will let you know by posting it here.

It just worked for me, looks like it's all Ok...

still not good, I will try mog meantime

I'm trying to upgrade to Premium and Spotify won't recognize my password. I've changed my facebook password twice and I know I'm typing the right password but it won't accept it. What's wrong?

Suggested posts