Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

You can only use spotify abroad 14 days

Solved!

You can only use spotify abroad 14 days

Hi,
Im trying to log in on my spotify account and i cant. I have been reading and the solution its changing the country. Its important to said that i just get back from Usa 14 days ago and when i was there i change the country for Usa. But, how am i able to change the country if i cant log in?

Thank you

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi there folks, 

For anyone still experiencing this issue, the 14 days limit still applies to free accounts. While you will be blocked from using the app, you should be able to log into the account page at any time and change the country, see these steps. If it refuses to open, consider trying in an incognito window. 

Hope this helps. As this thread is outdated, if you continue to face issues about this, consider posting in a more recent thread or making a new one if such doesn't exist. 

Cheers!

JoanModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

View solution in original post

28 Replies

You can change your country in the "profile" section on the account page.

Login to this page: https://www.spotify.com/account/overview/

If the option is greyed out,

I suggest you contact support so they can help you

https://www.spotify.com/about-us/contact/contact-spotify-support/

If you get an automated reply email telling you to check the help section or the community, you need to reply back to it, even if it's from a no-reply address.

Support usually replies within 24-48 hours.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Thx

thanks!!!!!

It shows me United Kingdom while im not and I cant change it it is the only option 😕

darn it, I need to talk with my Internet Service Provider. I'm in Spain but their optical fiber connection routes me through France, therefore any web service that uses the IP to determine the country of the visitor wrongly thinks that I'm french... Which causes me a lot of troubles like the support chat giving me french agents or this one with Spotify

Thanks!

Thanks for the link. Logged in and changed my country on my profile. Here's hoping Spotify now works.

i already changed the country. but it turns from premium account to the free one. how can i solved this?

Mine does this too and my account is set to the country im currently in, and i haven't traveled

I use to be in England and after 14 days I am now in Munich Germany

iwas in farm with my grand mam

Hello, I've changed my country through the link you sent no problem, but I've lost all my saved music. Please can you help me recover it!?
Thanks

I closed my Facebook account and Spotify was linked to it so now that I have closed completely the account it says I am abroad 14 days when I haven't even changed the country or nothing, options?

Same

I cant login with my id . How i can login with my email again ?
IMG_9552.PNG

Hey, I am having the same problem... I have this problem with the PS4 Spotify application but the thing is I have not left my country in about 10 years and even then I didn't have a Playstation 4 I am so  confused as to what to do...

Let me explain the root cause of this issue. But first you need to understand some basic concepts.

When you connect to the Internet you are given an IP address, this is basically a series of numbers. The IP addresses are divided in ranges. Internet Service Providers (ISP) purchase IP ranges on a per country basis. That information is shared with companies like Maxmind https://www.maxmind.com/en/geoip2-databases which provide databases mapping every known IP range to its corresponding country.

Now pay attention because this is the important part. When you connect to a website, it can retrieve your IP, and use a database like the ones I described to determine your location. And here is the problem: IP ranges are not "static". An ISP may be near running out of IPs for a specific country, while there are a lot unused in another, so they adjust the ranges to match up the demand.

As you may imagine it takes some time to update those databases, meanwhile some clients will be wrongly located to another country, with all the problems it implies.

So, doesn't matter even if you have used Spotify before or not, if your ISP changes ranges you will experience this issue again.

I have the same problem because i leaved from Malaysia to Dubai and spotify doesnt work here, anyone can help me with that?

Suggested posts