Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

can't find Social network settings to check Facebook connection

can't find Social network settings to check Facebook connection

I've lost all my playlists since updating my email address directly on my spotify account page today. I no longer have access to the old email address so changed it to my most used- which is the same as the one I use for facebook access.  I'm trying to follow the instructions provded by Richard in order to check if my account was duplicated when I logged back in using my facebook details (which now match my spotify email address) but can't even find the Social Network option. I'm in Preferences and have  Activity Sharing, Profile. Language, Local Files, Playback, Cache, Proxy and  open Spotify automatically.. but nothing re: social network settings.. ?! Please help as I'm not sure how to get my playlists back otherwise??

thanks,

M

5 Replies

msol - Welcome to the Community! If you could log in with the username 'msoldani' and your Spotify password, you should see all those playlists. Don't worry, they're all still there. Waiting.
-------

Check out how we're doing over @SpotifyStatus

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?

I have a similar problem! Accidentally linked a new Spotify account with my facebook through my phone and all of a sudden my playlists disappeared. I don't see the menu for "Social Networks" under preferences to disconnect from FB and attempt a fix. How do I proceed? Thanks!

@joshuapham wrote:

I have a similar problem! Accidentally linked a new Spotify account with my facebook through my phone and all of a sudden my playlists disappeared. I don't see the menu for "Social Networks" under preferences to disconnect from FB and attempt a fix. How do I proceed? Thanks!

Log out and back in again using your Spotify username rather than your email address 😉 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

But I created my spotify using my Facebook account. There is no separate username, is there?

If it counts, the id that links to my old profile is 1240366151, but I can't use that as a username... or at least I don't know the password. Spotify gives me an error when I try to reset password with that as a username, saying "looks like you're trying to log in with your Facebook credentials" or something like that. Help please!

Yup that numerical ID is your Spotify username generated in the backend for your Facebook account - you are correct you can't login using it (unless you set up a special password for signing in on certain devices). 

This is going to require a little further investigation I'm afraid to say. If you could get in touch with the customer services team directly using the online contact form they will be able to assist you further with this.

If you get an automated email reply back directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to that email (even if its from no-reply) and one of the customer services agents will get back to you as soon as possible.

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Suggested posts