Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

changing premium account to students account

changing premium account to students account

HELP ! i have a spotify premium account but I've recently become a student.

I have an NUS card but how can I apply the student discount to my existing account ?

72 Replies

@Jeromeevanson 

There is currently an issue with the student discount sign up so if you have any trouble, read this and contact support:
https://community.spotify.com/t5/Ongoing-Issues/Trouble-signing-up-for-Student-discount/idi-p/106993...

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

I am wanting to be eligible for the student discount. ... is this for UK residents only?
I'm full time in Australia so I don't have a NUS number
Love to have the feedback
Cheers

Hello. I want to upgrade my premium account to have the student discount. However when I go to the student discount page it doesn't give me the option off continuing as an already existing user. How do I get around this. Do I have to cancel my subscription and start a new one? If so is there a way I can do it so I can keep my playlists etc?

Thanks

Hi I am trying to change my account to student discount to!

I have no idea how, I am a student in a medical university Varna in Bulgaria. Am I able to apply?
If so please help me

this might sound stupid.... but how do you get to ask a question?? IDK HOW ! the only option I have is to answer other people's questions 😕

I totally agree Gaby! I was redirected here after using their contact form twice, telling me this was too much. Now I can only reply to other people's questions. This is ridiculous. 

I have tried several browsers and in none of them neither the feedback nor the student discount pages work. I am also a full time student from Australia, didn't even know they offered this until I had to dig through their entire help section to find their contact form. I contacted them for a payment issue, now I can't contact them anymore? C'mon what is this?

Making other (paying) users figure out your customer queries? I was a happy member for quite some time, now I am just annoyed and want to get away from this. How can you offer such a ... customer service spotify???

Telling people to speak to other customers - maybe they can solve their own problems. Really?

Hey there!

The student discount isn't available in Australia, but you can show your support by adding your Kudos here

Hope that helps 🙂

I've just used this to change mine, thank you for the guidance !

Hi I am from new Zealand can I also get this? I am a student

Hi I was charged 9.99 today but I am a student, is there any way to get a refund and be charged 4.99? Thanks!!!

Hello!

When I follow your instructions, it says, "It appears that you are not eligible for the discounted product that you are trying to purchase. If you'd like you can still upgrade your account to premium at any time."

Do you know what I could be doing wrong?

Best,

Shubha

Its making me enter my bank account details to do so.. 

Im confused I just want to update my account

Hi,

I'm having the same problem. Is there any way I can change my premium account to a student account without unsubscribing?

Nunzio

Hi

I am using your link to change to student subscription but then have no option to select 'already signed up'. Instead I get only the option to enter bank card details. 

Please help!

Thanks,

Pierre

Hiya,

I have a student card from my university but not an nus card. Would this qualify me for the student discount or not?

Thank you!

Hi, 

I am trying to apply my student NUS discount to my existing Premium discount but when I follow the above instructions it does not give me the option to add it, only to subscribe again (it takes me straight to payment details). What do I do? Thank you 

I have a premium account and also recently became a student.  I dont have the NUS card but I do have an email login for my college.

Am I able to switch?

Hi, Has this procedure changed? It really doesn't seem to be as simple as you explaination.

I already have a Premium acount but I keep being directed to fill in debit card details and can't see anywhere to put nus number.

how do i just apply the discount?

I tried changing my account to a student account and it said "discount not available" I am a student at Creighton University why would it not be available?

Do I need to type in my payment details first as there is no option for 'if you already an account'

Suggested posts