Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

changing premium account to students account

changing premium account to students account

HELP ! i have a spotify premium account but I've recently become a student.

I have an NUS card but how can I apply the student discount to my existing account ?

72 Replies

Hi, I keep clicking on the link you put but I can't find a 'already have an account' option anywhere! I also used to have spotify for students, but I noticed on my last statement that it has reverted to £9.99 even thought I'm still a student and didnt change anything on my account! How can i change it back, and I'd also like a refund on the extra money I've paid.

i am a high school student. would this discount apply to mw?

Hello, I am already have a premium account but have just become a student. I just updated my credit card details in my account details - and then thought to change to student status. I've followed the advice given before - but I get a page with a button that says 'Get Premium with NUS Extra'. However, there's no option that says that I already have an account and it just prompts me to enter credit card details. As I've JUST done this, I don't want to do it again. What am I doing wrong? Help!

Hi !

I am a dutch student and since today student discount is available in the Netherlands. Now I was wondering how I could change my account from premium to student discount. I checked out the website but I couldn't find how to change.. 

Christa

Hey @christaplomp

Thanks for stopping by the Spotify Community

All you need to do is go to

https://spotify.com/student

https://support.spotify.com/account_payment_help/subscription_information/student-discount/

"Can I get the student discount if I’m on Premium already?

Yep! All you need to do is sign up at www.spotify.com/student and the discounted rate will automatically begin on your next billing date."

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Wow, thanks a lot for the very quick response @MattSuda  !

I did found that page but they are asking for a creditcard payment.. is there a way where I do not have to pay by creditcard and just change from premium to student? Just like I pay right now?

Christa

Hey @christaplomp

Sorry, but I'm hearing the student discount is currently only available via credit card. Hopefully more payment options will be added in the future.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hello,

I have recently become a student (again) and want to change my subscription. However, I don't have an NUS card - just a email address from my new institution. Will I still be able to get the discount or does it require an NUS card? Thanks in advance.

Mari

I just found out that the student account was an option and switched from premium to student. My billing date is the 28th of the month (3 days ago). Wonder if I can get a refund for this month?

Where do i get the NSU card number?

I'm currently living in Ireland but I'm doing my Studies in Scotland, UK but it's not on the list of countries to choose from?? Why is that?

I had Spotify premium with my old NUS card and then it ran out so I got a new one but I cannot add it on and I’m now being charged normal price 😕  When I follow these steps to re add my NUS card it takes me to the uni days page which I don’t have ? Is there an option to just add my NUS card ? Thanks 

Hi

I am trying the above, but it's asking me to login with unidays rather than enter NUS card details.

Any tips?

Thanks

Suggested posts