Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

other people on my account

other people on my account

Hi,

I'm with spotify for a long time now.

Recently I get the feeling that someone else uses my account.

Reason:

1. 'recent listened playlist' contains music I never listen to (and never will, not my taste of music 😉 ).

2. When I listen to Spotify, i often get the notification that someone else is listening on my account.

Things I allready did to solve the issue:

1. Disconnected all the devices. But not even my own phone disconnects at that moment. So i'm not realy confidend that it fixes it.

2. changed my password of both my facebook account and my spotify account.

Couple of months later, same stuff happens.

Question:

1. Is there a fix, besides the things I allready tried?

2. Is there a way to see what devices are still connected to my account?

thanks, Huub

4 Replies

Hey @hhllandman,

The best course of action when something like that happens is to create a new account with a different email address from the one you're using (Tip: don't use the one you use for Facebook). That will give you a different Spotify username of your choice.

Once you have this new account, fill out the contact form, and someone from Spotify will be happy to help you migrate your Premium privileges, library, playlists, friends, etc. to this new account.

Connected devices stay with the old account, so you'll have a fresh start without them.
osorniosSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Having the same issue here: https://community.spotify.com/t5/Accounts-and-Subscriptions/Someone-else-is-using-my-account/td-p/15...

And the answer is no.There is nothing you (we) can do.

Ok, thanks for your reply!

I don't like to whine, but I agree with you 100%.

Personaly I feel like the problem is not taken seriously and a response like "vote and maaaaayyybeee we'll implement something to make our platform safer" sounds a littlebit like a joke in a part of a commedian.

Why isn't it possible to log everyone out? Why isn't it possible to block certain devices. Why can't i see on wich devices i'm currently logged in to. These are all easy sollutions and would help people in these circumstances a lot.

And I get frustrated if someone reacts with "good idea, put your idea to vote in the 'good idea box'".

I'm with spotify for about 10 years now and would love to keep listening for the next 10 years.

Suggested posts